Author Topic: facebook  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: facebook
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »
I hope it's not a bowel movement.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »
I hope it's not a bowel movement.

Pilch - we should form a double-act! One straight guy, and one idiot. It'll be good me having the serious role.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
They'd laugh a lot more if it wasn't peaceful - especially the women.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 06:11:42 PM »
They'd laugh a lot more if it wasn't peaceful - especially the women.

I started this new movement/group over half an hour ago, and I've still only got one member. ME!  >:(

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 06:24:40 PM »
Told you. Try dropping a heavy hammer on your foot.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:40 PM »
You have to be careful starting groups - it is impossible to clean them out when you are done with them. I started one called; "Sad Gits with few Facebook Friends Unite" - I now have it "secret" but can't get it off of there completely. I only had three members - one a complete stranger. I wrote and told her I was closing it down - and she was crushed to be kicked out of the sad gits club.

I don't want my friends to know I post on Beau Peep so I won't be starting a fan club.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Malc

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »
I'm on Facebook, it's how I keep in touch with my family over in the UK, and it's been really useful in digging up long lost friends.

I've started two groups, one called Editorial Cartoons by McGookin, and the Eve Cartoon Strip Appreciation Society. They have steadily attracted members, both have over 40 or 50, I'm not sure. I'm going for the slow burn.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »
I have to say I wouldn't have joined facebook out of choice, but I'm mightily impressed. I have more contact with extended family, long lost friends, business people, and others than I would ever have had otherwise. I've only just started exploring it as well!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 10:47:54 PM »
I've joined both your groups now, Malc. All my contacts will see that I've joined, and may look themselves. That's the beauty of facebook - it's viral.  I wonder if Pilch has got a secret page...

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »
I have to say that I'm mightily impressed with facebook now. I wanted to despise it and treat it as a nothing application, but it's actually wowed me.

I now have a huge host of cartoonists on my friends list, and each of them have the groups they have subscribed to displayed on their pages. Many are interesting and I subscribe to them too. That's how it works. It's phenomenal.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 01:34:01 AM »
Can't you just accept no as an answer?

Malc

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
Great, thanks Peeps.
Actually one of the Friends on my Eve Cartoon Strip page is a syndicate editor in the States and she likes it. We were in contact for a while, she wanted to see more and discuss development, etc, but I just didn't have the time to draw speculative stuff based on someone else's suggestions that might still end up going nowhere, so I just stopped sending. Not very polite, I know. I still think Eve has potential, although not necessarily in the US syndicate's white bread world.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 04:38:42 AM »
I would have thought all of you guys would have wanted to be my facebook friends, miserable gits.

Don't ask now - I am in a huff.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »
I tried to look you up, earlier this week, Diane, but without a surname, it's impossible. There's more than one Diane in Canada it seems.

I just realised I could enter your email address. It's YOU! You're already a friend. Lovely photo, Diane!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:16:04 AM by The Peepmaster »

Vulture

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »
I would have thought all of you guys would have wanted to be my facebook friends, miserable gits.

Don't ask now - I am in a huff.

I don't think I can have any more friends - I'm up the the limit of twelve!  ;D