Author Topic: facebook  (Read 5432 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: facebook
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »
Is that including Pilch, Vulch?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
You call me Pilch, and Vulture, Vulch.

I think the names are endearing, and I think we should have one for you as well.

Let's see: you don't have anywhere near the brains of fresh vegetables, but I would have to concede that you might occasionally win in a battle of wits against a rotting vegetable.

So we'll call you Mulch.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
You call me Pilch, and Vulture, Vulch.

I think the names are endearing, and I think we should have one for you as well.

Let's see: you don't have anywhere near the brains of fresh vegetables, but I would have to concede that you might occasionally win in a battle of wits against a rotting vegetable.

So we'll call you Mulch.

Now you're just nicking Peepsie's idea....Filch!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 01:47:29 PM »
Who asked you, Belch?

Vulture

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »
Is that including Pilch, Vulch?

No. He hates Facebook.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 03:07:41 PM »
I nominate Zilch as Roger's new name.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 04:36:03 PM »
I tried to look you up, earlier this week, Diane, but without a surname, it's impossible. There's more than one Diane in Canada it seems.

I just realised I could enter your email address. It's YOU! You're already a friend. Lovely photo, Diane!

Yes, there is another Diane - but she looks nothing like me silly. I will have to send you a Westigram now  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 05:54:42 PM »
Thanks for my Westiegram, Diane. I do like you picture on facebook, by the way. I also like the cake creations.

Hasn't it gone quiet on here now that so many have gone over to facebook? Mince will have no one to play his tricks on and that'll be sad. He won't have much fun just playing with himself in future.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »
Just to show that I'm up with all this state-of-the-art technology, I'd just like to say that I think microwave popcorn is very clever.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »
I was going to suggest that you start a FB group about microwave popcorn Roger - or you may want to join one that is already going:

Boycott Microwave popcorn!Size: 13 membersType: Common Interest - Beliefs & CausesMatches:Name and DescriptionJoin GroupGroup:

Microwave popcorn is amazing.Size: 17 membersType: Common Interest - Food & DrinkNew:1 More MemberMatches:Name and DescriptionJoin GroupGroup:

My microwave smells like popcornSize: 2 membersType: Common Interest - Food & DrinkJoin GroupGroup:

for the love of microwave popcorn!Size: 65 membersType: Just for Fun - Totally RandomJoin GroupGroup:

ATMP Addicted to Microwave Popcorn SocietySize: 55 membersType: Just for Fun - Totally PointlessJoin GroupGroup:

I always burn my microwave popcorn.Size: 54 membersType: Just for Fun - Totally RandomMatches:Name and DescriptionJoin GroupGroup:

I'm strangely possesive of microwave popcornSize: 43 membersType: Just for Fun - Totally RandomJoin GroupGroup:

C.H.O.M.P (Citizens Hating On Microwave Popcorn)Size: 11 membersType: Common Interest - Food & DrinkMatches:Name and DescriptionJoin GroupGroup:

I Watch Popcorn Being Made In The Microwave:)Size: 155 members
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »
Thanks for my Westiegram, Diane. I do like you picture on facebook, by the way. I also like the cake creations.

Hasn't it gone quiet on here now that so many have gone over to facebook? Mince will have no one to play his tricks on and that'll be sad. He won't have much fun just playing with himself in future.

Thanks Nige.

About Mince - you have to wonder out of the 155 million people registered - just how many of them are him? There would be him and all of his friends - my guess is 500 people are Mince.

Joan

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 04:14:27 AM »
I was invited to join Facebook in August 2007 by a friend - the title of the message was "Making Facebook uncool".  At that point it was mainly students and young people and his son had told him to join, and then regretted it as all we oldies started appearing.  I don't use it that much, but I didn't realise all these groups had started up.  I found it very useful for getting messages to my friend's wife, who is a very old (not in age, obviously) friend of mine and was more technologically challenged than Roger - believe me it's possible!  She hasn't improved much, either.

Anyway, I notice Dermot's my only male friend - I've asked you to be my friend, Nigel, so you'd better accept and make that two!  ;D  You too Diane - saw you on Nigel's fan group.

I've downloaded your book, Nige, so in return you can follow me on Twitter - not that I do very much on there, but I just noticed I've only got one real person following me, and I don't know her - she's a magazine editor.  It wouldn't download the normal way, Diane.  I had to get Firefox to take it over.  Not sure what the story was, but got it in the end.  Maybe if you use a download helper like Fresh Download, it would work.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:27:27 PM by Joan »

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »
I've accepted your fan request, Joan. I've pigeon-holed you in the adoring females department.

Thanks for downloading the book. I hadn't realised it could be complicated. My downloads just open with Adobe Reader or Preview (on a Mac).

Malc

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »
I'm on Twitter, at least I signed up on it, but now I don't have a clue what my password is, and don't take part at all, not a jot.