Author Topic: Apologies.  (Read 7735 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Apologies.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 12:54:24 PM »
And how are your bowel movements?

I had a letter in the post this morning from the NHS saying I'm going to be sent a kit for doing a bowel cancer test!  I had this about two years ago! Sending the completed test through the post seemed a bit vulgar, though!

Oh gawd! If I have to send something through the post in an envelope, I might put it in a bag first, or maybe wrap it in clingfilm.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »
And how are your bowel movements?

I had a letter in the post this morning from the NHS saying I'm going to be sent a kit for doing a bowel cancer test!  I had this about two years ago! Sending the completed test through the post seemed a bit vulgar, though!

Oh gawd! If I have to send something through the post in an envelope, I might put it in a bag first, or maybe wrap it in clingfilm.

It's not exactly like sending a dog turd in an envelope! I won't say what you have to do - it'll be more interesting (or do I mean 'fun'?) if I leave it until you get your instructions.  :D

Rob Baker

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 10:36:11 PM »
Cue photo. 

If you like a drop of red while you're watching the sun go down, try Alandra.

A box (5 bottles worth) was only about 8 or 9 Euros when I was there last!!  At that price, sod being a connoisseur - it's very moreish and makes a change from the Super Bocks.  Can't remember if you can get it in Tommy's though.

Anyway, have a great holiday Roger ! 

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 09:21:35 AM »
That's the place! Now picture it at 8 in the evening...the sun has just gone down and the lights of the sardine boats are twinkling on the Atlantic...the waves roll up to the deserted beach as I sip some red wine and try to hit my wife in the eye with an olive stone. (I'm quite the joker on holiday).
See you next week.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 09:47:18 AM »
The sardines have boats? There's posh!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »
The sardines have boats? There's posh!

Maybe Mince goes sailing there.

I wonder where he is. Peter's absent too... Maybe they're one and the same person... Or maybe they're away with the gay young blades of the Royal Hussars. Who knows?

Offline Max

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »
Jings, the Royal Hussars must have dropped their standards.  ;D

Vulture

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 08:37:12 PM »
Jings, the Royal Hussars must have dropped their standards;D

As long as that was all they dropped!

Fyodor

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 07:01:25 PM »
That's the place! Now picture it at 8 in the evening...the sun has just gone down and the lights of the sardine boats are twinkling on the Atlantic...the waves roll up to the deserted beach as I sip some red wine and try to hit my wife in the eye with an olive stone. (I'm quite the joker on holiday).
See you next week.

I was early for the cinema yesterday, so I stayed on the bus for an extra couple of stops, getting off at the top of Roseangle i.e. Seabraes.
They've tarted up the viewing point there and the view over the river Tay towards your side of the river, Roger, was stunning. The light of the dying day fair took my breath away. I turned to a young lady nearby. "Takes your breath away, doesn't it?" I ventured.

Malc

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
So Seabraes is a good place to meet girls then...

Maybe it should be Seebras.

Joan

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 01:23:48 AM »
Don't leave us hanging, Fyodor, what was the reaction?  You can make it up if you want ...

Fyodor

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 10:00:57 AM »
She smiled and said, "Yes, doesn't it?"
At least I think that's what she said, for 'twas in some foreign tongue.
So off I went to the pictures to see Darwin killing God.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »
The bowel testing kit's arrived in the post this morning!

I haven't read through the thing, but I'm a bit apprehensive as there appear to be about 4 pointed sticks I have to use. I'm not usually squeamish, but I cant help thinking this might be painful.

Trying to pluck up the courage to read the instructions...

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 04:33:55 PM »
Poor Nige. Be careful!

You know when I first joined the Beau Peep forum I didn't have a clue that one day we would be talking about bowel cancer tests.

My grandmother (who was old enough to be my great-grandmother) died of bowel cancer because she was too embarrassed to go to the doctor. I sure wish there had been home tests available in the '70s
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 05:19:13 PM »
It's just precautionary, Diane. Don't worry about me. I was just a bit anxious about the pointed sticks, which it transpires are really pointed bits of cardboard, and you don't actually have to stick them in you, they're designed to be used as "tools" during the various processes. I have to get bowl, or a dinner-plate or something like that as well, to help matters, and it all has to be done three times.

It's occurred to me that, in effect, I'm being commissioned to do all this, as I didn't ask for it. Being freelance, maybe I should invoice them...