Author Topic: Wish me luck ...  (Read 38647 times)

Joan

Re: Wish me luck ...
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2010, 04:07:11 AM »
Most definitely, Mince! Whatever takes your fancy, and thanks.  :)

Joan

« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2010, 12:59:33 AM »
Thought I would just do a quick update to explain why I haven't been around for a wee while.  For the last month, my sister has been here staying with us and as my FB friends will know, we've been gallivanting all over the place and having a ball.  We've "done" most of the touristy things in Sydney, even an open topped bus tour, and had a very enjoyable few days trip, first to the Hunter Valley and then Mudgee, which is a lovely country town just on the edge of the Great Dividing Range.  The weather has been amazingly fantastic most of the time which has been a big help.  Having such a great time, I'm going to come back down to earth with a bump when Sue goes back to Scotland next Saturday!

Photos here:  http://picasaweb.google.com.au/bjjktg/August2010#

Oh, and we saw/listened to the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Opera House, which was actually excellent.

I'm doing well - have started the Arimidex, which are hormone suppressing pills I'll be taking for the next 5 years.  No major side effects so far, apart from feeling pretty tired, but that could be a combination of all sorts of things, not the least of which is all the gallivanting I'm doing!  ;)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
Thanks for the update, Joan. Glad to hear you've been having a ball!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »
Yes, I've been enjoying your photos on Facebook, Joan. Sorry, if I didn't I leave comments... I particularly liked the harbour cruise ones. Reminded me of when we did the HK harbour cruise just a few weeks back.

Have you shown them to the Dalai Lama? Apparently, he's a "local business". I'm hoping he'll come round and fix my tap. http://www.facebook.com/DalaiLama

Great also that your health news continues to be positive.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Joan

« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »
 :) I just liked him, Peeps - maybe he'll come and fix our chimney - it's leaking and needs to be cleaned/bagged/painted on the outside, but it's so blinking high we'll have to pay a motza to get someone in to do it.

Don't expect you to comment - I'm finding it harder to keep up with everybody's posts now anyway, just seeing them is a feat.  The harbour cruise is actually just the Manly ferry - best and cheapest way to see the harbour.

Off in to the Rocks markets today.  They're nice markets at the Rocks in the city.  The Rocks is a historical area of warehouses, bonds and old buildings.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2010, 12:02:37 AM »
Lovely to hear you're still doing so well, Joan.  Keep up the great spirits.

By the way, what's "motza" ?

Joan

« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2010, 09:03:41 AM »
When you asked, Bill, I suddenly wondered if I'd used "motza" in the right context - it just sort of came out.  It appears I almost did, though, definition here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=motza

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »
Thank you, Joan.  I is now edducatedddddd - but probably will never use the term.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2010, 01:23:18 PM »
Thank you, Joan.  I is now edducatedddddd - but probably will never use the term.

What term?

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2010, 01:33:16 PM »
"Peeps cannot be bothered to look at earlier posts"

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
Damn. It didn't work.

Joan

« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
Just updating my diary ... had a big milestone last Friday - the anniversary date of my diagnosis.  Been quite a year, to say the least. Had a couple of champagnes or three and got decidedly tipsy and emotional.  I think the small Baileys I had may have just tipped me over the edge - can't hack it any more.  Did not feel too great on Saturday morning.  :P

Not quite finished yet - have my first annual check up mammogram and ultrasound next week, then go to see the surgeon the following week for the results and a review.  Still got 3 more Herceptins to go. I should finish towards the end of January. Then I'm going to have another little op (not serious, just a bit of a tidy up).  As my sister says, I'm going to feel a bit neglected when it's all finished and I don't have to go near a hospital or doctor's surgery for some time.  That's the plan anyway.  :)

I'm feeling pretty good anyway. A friend was over from NZ week before last and on the Wednesday I took her on a tour of the Northern Beaches (think I should start doing this professionally).  Then on Friday we met up in the city with some mutual friends for lunch which was another very enjoyable.  It must be the invasion of the kiwis because we've got another couple coming over from Wellington to stay on Friday for a couple of days.  At least it's making us move on all the jobs that need done to the house which have been neglected over the last year or so. I've calmed down on the photo taking, but did manage to get the Italian waiter at Rossini's at Circular Quay to take one of the four of us.  There's Charlie Chaplin in the background doing his thing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bjjktg/FamilyAndFriends#5530774189135520898

Just off to Jill's to have my hair trimmed so that it looks neat and tidy when I go out without my wig on.  Bit straggly and fluffy at the moment, but it's definitely coming back - phew!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:16:41 AM by Joan »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2010, 05:00:36 AM »
Joan - it has been quite the year.

Glad you got through it with such grace and laughter.  :-*
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2010, 06:38:42 AM »
Don't feel neglected in the quieter times around the corner...fill them with all the things you want to  :-*

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2010, 09:29:50 AM »
Champagne and Bailey's? Good grief.
Keep the good news coming, Joan!