Author Topic: Wish me luck ...  (Read 37996 times)

lucy

Re: Wish me luck ...
« Reply #270 on: November 15, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
Always in my prayers Joane. Take care xx

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
Phew!

I had my first annual checkup mammogram and ultrasound on Monday and because my breasts are so dense and difficult to analyse, the radiologist took a core biopsy of an “irregularity” in my left breast (the other one).  I saw the breast surgeon yesterday and all is well – no malignancy and just fibrous tissue – but you can imagine how I felt when the sonographer went to get the radiologist and he told me I should have the biopsy.  Right back where I started a year ago.  The results would have been ready by Thursday, but we had to wait until Friday because the surgeon was so busy with surgery and I decided I’d rather hear the worst from him and where to go from there. I think my blood pressure must have dropped about 60 points when he told me the good news.  Relieved doesn’t go near to describing how I felt.  I never knew one could feel elated and drained at the same time!  Two words: "No malignancy" just beautiful.  :)

So I'm clear to go.  Just have to finish the Herceptin and have another little op to tidy things up after that and hopefully, I shouldn't have to be visiting the hospital/doctors much.  The main thing is that the nasty little sucker(s) have gone and should stay away!  The surgeon told me to go home and have a glass of wine and I said I'd put a bottle in the fridge already - was having a drink whatever the news.

It's a lovely day here today - sunny and warm with a nice cool afternoon breeze coming in now.  We had friends from NZ staying last weekend and it was rainy, wet and cold.  They went off to the Blue Mountains and then out to Wagga Wagga and are coming back to stay tonight before flying back tomorrow.  Good that the weather has improved steadily for them.  I may even go for a swim in the pool later.

Wonderful news, Joan, although I hadn't realised it was possible to have "dense" breasts. (You learn something new every day, and it slightly reminded me of Mince.)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2010, 05:13:47 PM »
Phew!

I had my first annual checkup mammogram and ultrasound on Monday and because my breasts are so dense and difficult to analyse, the radiologist took a core biopsy of an “irregularity” in my left breast (the other one).  I saw the breast surgeon yesterday and all is well – no malignancy and just fibrous tissue – but you can imagine how I felt when the sonographer went to get the radiologist and he told me I should have the biopsy.  Right back where I started a year ago.  The results would have been ready by Thursday, but we had to wait until Friday because the surgeon was so busy with surgery and I decided I’d rather hear the worst from him and where to go from there. I think my blood pressure must have dropped about 60 points when he told me the good news.  Relieved doesn’t go near to describing how I felt.  I never knew one could feel elated and drained at the same time!  Two words: "No malignancy" just beautiful.  :)

So I'm clear to go.  Just have to finish the Herceptin and have another little op to tidy things up after that and hopefully, I shouldn't have to be visiting the hospital/doctors much.  The main thing is that the nasty little sucker(s) have gone and should stay away!  The surgeon told me to go home and have a glass of wine and I said I'd put a bottle in the fridge already - was having a drink whatever the news.

It's a lovely day here today - sunny and warm with a nice cool afternoon breeze coming in now.  We had friends from NZ staying last weekend and it was rainy, wet and cold.  They went off to the Blue Mountains and then out to Wagga Wagga and are coming back to stay tonight before flying back tomorrow.  Good that the weather has improved steadily for them.  I may even go for a swim in the pool later.

Wonderful news, Joan, although I hadn't realised it was possible to have "dense" breasts. (You learn something new every day, and it slightly reminded me of Mince.)

Goodness! Does Mince have dense breasts? Do you have piccies?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2010, 09:21:57 PM »
...if you do have pics - please burn them.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »

Goodness! Does Mince have dense breasts? Do you have piccies?

Well another word for dense is "thick", and slang for breast is "t*t", so you can see how I came to that association.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2010, 11:30:23 PM »
Ah     So.

Malc

« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2010, 02:34:47 AM »
Who is Mince, actually?
I'm still confused even after all these years (yes, it's been years) as to who is who on this board.
I know Diamond Lil is Roger's sister, and, Joan and I it turns out are almost related, Brighty is an ex DC Thomson-ite, and Peeps used to live in the Midlands before undertaking a sea change and moving to the islands off Scotland's West coast (near my mum).
Bilthe is an army guy living in Blandford (where I used to live, and I'm ex army too), but Mince is still an unknown quantity.
I'm a lot more kind and well-adjusted than Peeps therefore I'm less likely to slag Mince off. I can only assume that at some stage Mince ran off with Peeps's girl and all the insults constitute some perpetual payback.

So info please, on Diane, Fyodor, Mince, Feather, Calypso, and any of the other regulars, either from their own lips or from anyone else who knows them.

Malc

« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2010, 02:37:22 AM »
Oh, and can this info at least have some nodding acquaintance with the truth? Does Andrew Christine frequent this board, even as a lurker?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #278 on: November 21, 2010, 06:41:22 AM »
Malc - so much for being a Facebook friend with my many daily updates!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #279 on: November 21, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »
I only work (if you can call it that) in Blandford.  I actually live in W######## (due to the security situation, the last location was expurgated).

Feather is/was Calypso and went on holiday with Mince.  I believe she does exist, so presumably Mince does as well.

Vulture

« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2010, 08:17:11 AM »
I only work (if you can call it that) in Blandford.  I actually live in W######## (due to the security situation, the last location was expurgated).

Feather is/was Calypso and went on holiday with Mince.  I believe she does exist, so presumably Mince does as well.

I have met Feather AND Mince! So, provided I exist, they must also exist..... maybe....!?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2010, 03:50:50 PM »
That is too bad, Vultch doesn't exist either.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2010, 05:38:54 PM »
Now I'm not sure if I exist.  Help, I'm shrinking.

Vulture

« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2010, 06:30:17 PM »
That is too bad, Vultch doesn't exist either.

That's a relief, Diane. Now I know that when people ignore me, it's not that they dislike me but because I'm not there!    :D :D

Malc

« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2010, 03:56:50 AM »
Thanks for clarifying, you idiots.  >:(