Author Topic: Football (for Roger)  (Read 5175 times)

Malc

Re: Football (for Roger)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 01:35:03 AM »
I thought of a great newspaper headline on seeing the photos of Tony as they got thumped by the Buddies.

Meltin' Mowbray.

I should do that sort of thing for a living.

Colin

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »
I'm not too fussed about the St Mirren score the other night to be honest.
It was the final nail in the coffin for Tony Mowbray so at least something good came from the result.
I heard a Celtic fan on the radio saying that he wanted Rangers to beat Dundee Utd and for Celtic to beat Rangers in the final to stop the treble. RUBBISH.
The sooner they went out then the happier I became. The treble is no more.
I know the league is over but at least Celtic and Dundee Utd still have the Scottish Cup Final to look forward to. (if they both get there)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 09:58:20 PM »
4-1. That's all I have to say about that.  ;D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »
A great night for you, Tarks. When I saw the  result, I nearly phoned you but my eyeballs had popped out so far, I couldn't read your number.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 11:06:18 AM »
I am a happy chap tonight. I wonder if Mince will return to give his expert analysis of the game.

This analysis is of the Dundee County game against the football team they played against. Please do not get confused between Dundee County and Dunday, who play nearby at Dennis Park. Dundee County are the ones who have oranges painted on their kit and wear the "lion rambling" design, with the lion facing left, reared up and ferociously attacking with its girly slaps.

The game was played at Ten Dice Park (their homeground located on Ten Dice Street in the Clapped-Out area of the city). Dundee Country gave a superb performance, with Prince Bauble scoring several overhead lobs well clear of the back of the net before being snookered behind the off-side. Wee Willie (the Captain) tackled over forty opponents, getting a ball every time, and shared these forty balls between his eleven men, and this was his first division.

Dundee Countray have indeed played well this year, and might win a promotion to the Ninth Decision if they are not regulated back down to where they belong currently play.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 01:37:14 PM »
The "Sportswriter Of The Year" award is in the bag.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »
Brilliant reporting, Mince! You've missed your vacation.
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 03:16:22 PM »
A great night for you, Tarks. When I saw the  result, I nearly phoned you but my eyeballs had popped out so far, I couldn't read your number.

Thanks, Roger! It was rather pleasing. I'm sure Colin enjoyed it as much as I did.

All we need now is for your lot to roll over at McDiarmid Park next Monday night, and Aberdeen to lose the plot the following Sunday, and we might just sneak into the top cut. Heady times!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
Great win for Dundee Rovers tonight too! These are heady days for the minnows of Scotland. Perhaps the pilchard of England could commentate on these results too.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 03:15:58 AM »
Great win for Dundee Rovers tonight too! These are heady days for the minnows of Scotland. Perhaps the pilchard of England could commentate on these results too.

Peeps, don't push it. Mince used more words in the last post than he has all year (and maybe last year!!!) He's probably lying down in a darkened room to recover!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 05:45:16 AM »

Peeps, don't push it. Mince used more words in the last post than he has all year (and maybe last year!!!) He's probably lying down in a darkened room to recover!

Plus it's difficult to write with one of those special jackets on.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 07:19:07 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jack

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
I know the league is over but at least Celtic and Dundee Utd still have the Scottish Cup Final to look forward to.

How's that going then? Any updates?

Vulture

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
No, there's no change.  Mince is still wearing his special jacket!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 03:51:01 PM »
I know the league is over but at least Celtic and Dundee Utd still have the Scottish Cup Final to look forward to.

How's that going then? Any updates?
I can't afford to laugh at Celtic yet in case United get humped tomorrow. I've contented myself with a snigger.