Author Topic: Technical problem.  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Technical problem.
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:43:25 AM »
When I post on this new set-up, the words disappear out of the right hand side of the box before re-appearing on a new line. I'm about to run out of

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Technical problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:44:26 AM »
space and I have to guess if the invisible bit is okay.

Tom

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »
I hadn't actually noticed that, but then it must be because I don't think I have typed anything where the sentence reaches the end of the box. This one did, but carried down to the next line without a problem. It must have something to do with your configuration settings, Roger.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
When I post on this new set-up, the words disappear out of the right hand side of the box before re-appearing on a new line. I'm about to run out of
Reset your screen settings to 640 by 480, open dos and type format c:, press return.....

No, I can't replicate your problem, Roger.  I have just reduced the program window from full screen  to smaller, and my text wraps down to the next line normally.

You can always try the typist approach - hit carriage return (Enter) when you get toward the right hand side of the  box.

Jack

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »
Above the box, on the right hand side, there's an icon of a little blue arrow with red brackets around it, called "Toggle View".

This switches between the automatically-fitting-the-words-in mode, and another mode where you have to use a little scroll bar across the bottom to move across and see the rest of the line.

Assuming you've not already gone into that mode (and just not noticed the scroll bar) you could try clicking it to see if it brings up the scroll bar and lets you move across to see the rest of your text.

Vulture

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »
Reset your screen settings to 640 by 480, open dos and type format c:, press return.....

No, I can't replicate your problem, Roger.  I have just reduced the program window from full screen  to smaller, and my text wraps down to the next line normally.

You can always try the typist approach - hit carriage return (Enter) when you get toward the right hand side of the  box.

The 'typist approach' relies on a little bell ringing approximately ten character spaces before the right-hand margin. I doubt that Roger can set that up!  ;)

Joan

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 12:46:35 AM »
I can't get the video to appear in the post - click on the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypDwh2ShJ6A

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:02:33 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »

I have changed the posting box from WYSIWIG (What you see is what you get) to MIEFILR (Make it easier for idiots like Roger).

Vulture

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 09:54:11 PM »

I have changed the posting box from WYSIWIG (What you see is what you get) to MIEFILR (Make it easier for idiots like Roger).

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »
That's not funny, Vulch.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
That's not funny, Vulch.

Be fair, Roger. She IS using the grotty set of smileys.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 09:49:33 AM »

Vulture

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »
That's not funny, Vulch.

Yes, it is!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »

We at the C.B.P.F.C stand behind our leader Roger Kettle on this issue. We feel that Mince has gone beyond the limits of decency and decorum and should be punished to the full extent of the forum. Now, where is that soggy kipper?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad