Author Topic: Me annual holiday.  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Me annual holiday.
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
In a couple of weeks, I'll be off for my annual seven days in the Algarve. I must admit that I'm really looking forward to it. It will be, well, a year since my last break so my brain is already starting to think about cold beers and seafood restaurants. My daughter and her boyfriend, Steven Higginson (check his website---buy his paintings) will be with me, my wife and Diamond Lil so it should be a good 'un. The villa we've booked has all the facilities, including both a pool and a pool table. I'm expecting to cover the cost of the holiday by playing young Steven at pool for money.
You lot going anywhere soon?

Vulture

Re: Me annual holiday.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Well, Number Two son and nearly d-i-l are going to Egypt on the 30th, and I'll be moving into their house to watch tv. After six days of  watching unadulterated crap, my decision NOT to have a tv will be re-confirmed!

On the plus side, I get the pleasure of living in a large house with a garden, dishwasher and somewhere to park the car, instead of my tiny flat!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 09:47:02 PM »
Vulch, I'm impressed. You don't have a TV at home? I'm one of those people that have all the singing/dancing/sports/film channels currently available to mankind and....I hardly watch any of them. It's like Linus's security blanket. I need to know it's there if I want it.

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »
I have an analogue tv that I got from eBay for £20. I can only use it for watching DVDs and the occasional video. My Number Two son has this huge plasma screen and a million channels!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »
Happy Hols! - Happy House Sitting!

We don't do holidays. But today I did get my daughter and I some school group tickets to see act 3 of the ballet Sleeping Beauty in the city in November - we will go if the roads are not too bad. I'm only out $20 if the roads are bad.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Calvin

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 05:19:53 AM »
I'm off on my annual fishing trip up to Northern Ontario on Thursday. It might only be 5 days there but I've been looking forward to this since April and been grinning like a loon for a week.
I guess the trivia "title" is out, it was shaping up to be a close run one.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »
Hope you stay warm and dry Calvin. Say hi to the loons from us.  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
Is this a good moment to plug my holiday website?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »
I'm off to Copenhagen for a week in two weeks time (duty calls again).  Any good sights to see there?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
What kind of "duty" do you have in Copenhagen Bill? Are you a drug smuggler or a missionary?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
I'm off to Copenhagen for a week in two weeks time (duty calls again).  Any good sights to see there?
The Tivoli gardens are fun. At least, they were the last time I was in Copenhagen, 37 years ago.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 11:30:45 PM »
What kind of "duty" do you have in Copenhagen Bill? Are you a drug smuggler or a missionary?
Yet another meeting involving talking about - oops, nearly got in trouble there.  No, and No.
according to the last census we had here in the good old UK in 2001, I was registered as a Jedi (just to annoy the system).

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
The Tivoli gardens are fun. At least, they were the last time I was in Copenhagen, 37 years ago.
I will try and see them http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/content/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/events/event_calendar/venue_info?VenueID=6 while I am there, and let you know.

Joan

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 03:59:04 AM »
Have a lovely time, Roger - sounds good to me! Happy house sitting, Vulch. Hope you find some decent TV programmes. Enjoy Copenhagen, Bill - never been, would love to, though.  Have a good time fishing, Calvin.  Hope the mozzies aren't too big, or they've all died off by this time of year.  ;D

I'm not allowed to have any more holidays for a while.  Just had an amazing 5 weeks playing tourist with my sister.  Been around Sydney - the harbour, Parramatta, Manly, Watson's Bay, the Rocks, West Head, North Head, Palm Beach, etc, etc, the Blue Mountains, the Hunter Valley and Mudgee.  We also had an excellent evening at a concert by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Opera House, with dinner at the Opera Bar before hand.  Facebook friends have been bamboozled by the photos, I'm sure, especially of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House, but here are some of the better ones:

The Three Sisters and Jamieson Valley - Blue Mountains

Aboriginal hand print stencils - Hands On Rock, Great Dividing Range, NSW

Climbers on the Harbour Bridge - I may be doing this next year with some friends.

A different view of the Opera House

The rest are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/bjjktg/AugustSeptember2010#

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:00:15 AM by Joan »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 06:29:45 AM »
Cool photos Joan - whoever thought of putting up the Sydney Opera House was onto a really good idea.