Author Topic: Facebook heroes  (Read 8558 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Facebook heroes
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 02:18:36 AM »
It's the best way of keeping in touch and sharing the internet, with family, friends, business contacts even, who are spread not just all over the UK, but the world too. For me that includes countries as diverse as Nepal, Burma, Australia, India, and even Canada.

I have fast growing Facebook Pages associated with my business areas, and interests - and they work fantastically well. I see far more of most members on this forum on Facebook than on here, and enter into some entertaining threads.

It's like a forum, but with much more besides.

Here's my Isle of Bute page, (with over 750 followers!) http://www.facebook.com/IsleOfBute

My Philippine Trails page: (over 325 folowers already) http://www.facebook.com/PhilippineTrails

My Holiday Trails page (just 200 followers) http://www.facebook.com/HolidayTrails

And my own private page - http://www.facebook.com/nigel.sutherland

I get lots of work from Facebook, and am in touch with lots of contacts useful to me. I find it better than LinkedIn.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »
Yes, like Peeps has implied, you need friends and 'A LIFE'  for FaceBook to work. (Just saying.... no offence!)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »
Yes, like Peeps has implied, you need friends and 'A LIFE'  for FaceBook to work. (Just saying.... no offence!)

Actually, I would say it's the other way round.

Facebook should come with a reminder: "No, you are not the centre of the universe."

Vulture

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »

Actually, I would say it's the other way round.

Facebook should come with a reminder: "No, you are not the centre of the universe."

How does this apply to having friends and a life? When you're with people, each of you at some time or other, IS the centre of that particular universe, that's why people gravitate around you.  :P

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »
It's the best way of keeping in touch and sharing the internet, with family, friends, business contacts even, who are spread not just all over the UK, but the world too. For me that includes countries as diverse as Nepal, Burma, Australia, India, and even Canada.

I have fast growing Facebook Pages associated with my business areas, and interests - and they work fantastically well. I see far more of most members on this forum on Facebook than on here, and enter into some entertaining threads.

It's like a forum, but with much more besides.

Here's my Isle of Bute page, (with over 750 followers!) http://www.facebook.com/IsleOfBute

My Philippine Trails page: (over 325 folowers already) http://www.facebook.com/PhilippineTrails

My Holiday Trails page (just 200 followers) http://www.facebook.com/HolidayTrails

And my own private page - http://www.facebook.com/nigel.sutherland

I get lots of work from Facebook, and am in touch with lots of contacts useful to me. I find it better than LinkedIn.

Nonsense.

1. The Isle of Bute...750 followers...that place could never generate that amount of interest. The Island holds 23.5 people, 3 dogs, 2 cats and a couple of palm trees...and Zavaroni's if it's still there. (and Loch Fad, the only Loch with no fish. This is a fact. I've been.)

2. Philippines Trails...325 followers... all hoping for the odd pic of a beach babe no doubt.

3. Holiday Trails...200 followers...see No.2 above.

Facebook? Bah humbug.

>:(

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »
Actually, I was with twin brother, Paul, and Lucy in a Deal pub a week or so ago, and we were sitting around a table, all social networking on our respective hand-held devices, making minimal conversation with each other, apart from the occasional "is it my round"? The irony was not lost on us.

There is good and bad in such things.

You should maybe try it for a week or so, Mince. It's so simple...

1) Make some friends.

2) Join Facebook
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »

You should maybe try it for a week or so, Mince. It's so simple...

1) Make some friends.

2) Join Facebook

The mind boggles!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »
1) Make some friends.

2) Join Facebook

I did better than that. I made friends and didn't join Facebook.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
1) Make some friends.

2) Join Facebook

They're missing out 3 and 4.

3. Gossip about friends on Facebook and fall out.

4. Wonder why you bothered.

Seems to be what I hear about Facebook.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »
Title change: Facebook people who tried.

The pup didn't make it.  :(
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Malc

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »
Awwww

Vulture

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »
1) Make some friends.

2) Join Facebook

They're missing out 3 and 4.

3. Gossip about friends on Facebook and fall out.

4. Wonder why you bothered.

Seems to be what I hear about Facebook.

I think the purpose of FaceBook is numbers; the rest of my family have hundreds of 'friends' each while I have 14. Nine are children and grandchildren and the rest are good friends. I have no need to gossip. I'm the oldest and I've been there, done that and eaten the pie so I have nothing for anyone to be jealous of. I like to see what the grandchildren get up to (especially the one at uni!) and it's a five/ten minute bit of entertainment during the day. I certainly won't be connecting it to my android and have it connected all day long to keep in touch with a load of other numpties!

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »
Ok...I'll come clean. The pup didn't make it cos the pup didn't try ...ok? And I don't need any "Awwwws" either. So there.  >:(
Facebook excites me as much Twitter/Gritter/Shitter...whatever it's called. School"chums" who were pillocks the first time round, are just going to be pillocks who have aged. I don't need Facebook to confirm that.
As for Twitter and Tweets, what the hell is that all about? If I want to follow a celebrity, I'll buy a ski-mask and chloroform and go introduce myself the old-fashioned way.
If you want to find out what's happening in someones life, phone them up and ask. Don't go post-surfing for snippets that may be taken out of context. What happens if you read something you don't want to know?
The way I look at it, the best way to find out what's happening is at funerals. Everyone is gossiping because they haven't seen each other in years and you can gaurantee there's one less person to bore you to tears. Sorted.

Join my campaign below

Buttcheeks against Face.

Vulture

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

Buttcheeks against Face.

.... and I can guarantee this'll never happen!  :P

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »

Buttcheeks against Face.

.... and I can guarantee this'll never happen!  :P