Author Topic: Facebook heroes  (Read 8559 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Facebook heroes
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 03:05:53 PM »
Sandy against FaceButt

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »
It does have a certain ring to it.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Hate to tell you this, but Beau Peep is a lot like FB but on a smaller, more exclusive scale with a higher percentage of numpties who you can’t delete.  ;D

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 04:55:37 PM »
Numpties are just friends who are...special.   ..0

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »
Facebook is clever in that it is everything on the internet, in one place. For many people it works well, and much is shared that people probably wouldn't see otherwise.

Yes, there's plenty of stuff i can do without (games for example), so I don't bother with them - simple as that.

I mainly use it to interact with my family across the the UK and in the Far East, but also businesses, hotels/resorts and various suppliers. Even past happy customers! :-)

Oh, and people like Diane, Malc, and Joan...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

fitbawdaft

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »
woo hoo ;D

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »
The advancement of communication technology in the last twenty years is both astonishing and welcome. The ease with which we can all keep in contact, regardless of where we live in the world, is truly remarkable. I'm in awe of it and totally accept the massive benefits, both socially and commercially. I'm pretty sure you can all sense a "however" coming.....
People now communicate on a global level because they CAN---not because they have anything in particular to say. I have a rule which I pass on to all my friends about "humourous" emails. If, twenty years ago, you'd found something in a newspaper so amusing that you'd go to the trouble to cut it out and post it to me, then fine----that's the level of email quality I'm looking for. I really don't want to see a monkey peeing on a zoo warden just because it's a couple of clicks away.
Let me say again that the internet has changed all our lives in a wonderful way. I don't doubt that for a single second and, obviously, without it, I wouldn't be communicating with you all now----or making the many friends that I have done on this site. I'm just saying that the ability to share every single thought with the world has its drawbacks.
And to those companies who keep emailing me, I'm reasonably content---although, granted, not ecstatic---with the size of the penis I have.

Malc

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »
Zoo warden?  :o  Jeez, those poor animals feel institutionalized already...

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 12:36:34 AM »
The advancement of communication technology in the last twenty years is both astonishing and welcome. The ease with which we can all keep in contact, regardless of where we live in the world, is truly remarkable. I'm in awe of it and totally accept the massive benefits, both socially and commercially. I'm pretty sure you can all sense a "however" coming.....
People now communicate on a global level because they CAN---not because they have anything in particular to say. I have a rule which I pass on to all my friends about "humourous" emails. If, twenty years ago, you'd found something in a newspaper so amusing that you'd go to the trouble to cut it out and post it to me, then fine----that's the level of email quality I'm looking for. I really don't want to see a monkey peeing on a zoo warden just because it's a couple of clicks away.
Let me say again that the internet has changed all our lives in a wonderful way. I don't doubt that for a single second and, obviously, without it, I wouldn't be communicating with you all now----or making the many friends that I have done on this site. I'm just saying that the ability to share every single thought with the world has its drawbacks.
And to those companies who keep emailing me, I'm reasonably content---although, granted, not ecstatic---with the size of the penis I have.

My point exactly...I think.   ???

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 05:39:59 AM »

I bought book #4 of Herman cartoons on eBay a while back - it arrived with some of the gags neatly cut out - so obviously some people do the old fasioned "cut and mail".  :)

I disagree with your opinion about the Zoo Warden – now when he gets peed on by a monkey he thinks – “well at least it will give someone a laugh on Facebook” whereas before he just got peed on for nothing.  :o
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »

I just wish they'd get the gender correct; I don't want one at all, let alone a bigger one - it'd ruin the line of my mini skirt!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »
As a writer, Roger will know... the penis, mightier than the sword.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »

I know what I'd rather run into a battle holding.   <-

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:54 AM »

But Roger might not actually be there!

Vulture

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 03:23:04 AM »

Whatever makes you happy.  ;D