Author Topic: Facebook heroes  (Read 8557 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Facebook heroes
« on: October 24, 2012, 06:39:27 AM »
There is a lady I know slightly who is my Facebook friend – well her friend had gone to the hospital and left her dogs at my FB friends house.  She told as her FB status that one of the dogs had 4 puppies – one died and one was tiny and not latching on so I offered to go and help (being a dog breeder myself).

By the time I got there the pup was cold to the core, silent and didn’t have the energy to latch on. I stomach tubed him warm milk (puppy milk powder I had on hand) and shoved him down my shirt for 20 minutes to warm him up from my body heat – then he had a poop and cried. Music to my ears! By the time I left he was able to latch on to his mother. My daughter came along and took care of the umbilical cords for all three pups and helped pass things and clean up.

We both came home feeling like puppy heroes.  8) 8)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Facebook heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
You let a dog take a crap down your shirt?  :o

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
Yes, and would do it again if necessary.

The dog was only 3" long and just born a few hours previously so it was just baby poo.

I am hoping that the little guy survived the night.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »
Amazing story, Diane. My mother used to breed Pyrenean Mountain dogs but I only took an interest in them when they got to the cute stage. I stayed well away from the messy process.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »
I didn't know your mother bred dogs Roger - that must have been a fun breed to grow up with.

This mother dog was a tiny little dog, mixed breed about 10lbs - the little fella made it through the night so he will probably make it now.  :)

Another thing that happened in real life because of FB was last week I bought a 30+ year old jade plant - which is awesome - looks like something from Dr. Seus.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
Will you be sticking the Jade Plant down your shirt, Diane?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 10:42:27 PM »
Will you be sticking the Jade Plant down your shirt, Diane?

Only if the electricity goes out - not just for fun.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 11:45:11 PM »
Amazing story, Diane. My mother used to breed Pyrenean Mountain dogs but I only took an interest in them when they got to the cute stage. I stayed well away from the messy process.

I read that as "used to breast feed Pyrenean Mountain dogs" for a moment. Must be my age.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 11:51:06 PM »

How tall does a dog need to be before it's classed as a mountain?   

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »

The height of any K9 aspiring towards K2

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »

Oh my, that was clever.  ;D

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
I found it a bit forced.  8)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »

Oh my, that was clever.  ;D

I just thought it would have to be a Dolomite-tion.  <-

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »
For some reason it irks me that "facebook" and "heroes" have been shotgun wed in this topic.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:48 PM »
I take it I'm not the only one that doesn't do facebook then, Mince?  :-\