Author Topic: Bloody Helicopters and The Exorcist.  (Read 14381 times)

Malc

Re: Bloody Helicopters and The Exorcist.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 04:38:02 AM »
Mad Lizzie was very attractive in a...er...mad way. GG was much more classically beautiful.

Fenella Fielding was rumoured to be Mart Feldman's sister, and I believed it to be true, but in actual fact she isn't.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 03:40:47 PM »
I just remember FF having an incredibly seductive voice. I was about 8 at the time.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
I'm off to watch Dundee United versus Barcelona. Sorry. Carry on.

peter

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 06:28:27 PM »
going to see terry honree
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:48:47 PM by peter »

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »

Barcelona! A hugely famous club whose renowned skill and tradition brings fear and respect from all in the sporting world of association football.

What was the other team again?

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »

...A hugely famous club whose renowned skill and tradition brings fear and respect from all in the sporting world of association football.

What was the other team again?

Barcelona.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 11:13:15 PM »
Dodgy penalty.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 11:19:50 PM »
Dodgy penalty.

Last minute too wasn't it, Roger? Hope it was a good game. I'll have to come over and watch a match with you one day.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 12:02:26 AM »
I'm going to write something now, and then go to bed.

Malc

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 05:58:33 AM »
The team I coach, the mighty under 12s (Redlands United) are bottom of the league with 4 points. We are playing the top of the table tonight. They are called Loganholme and we are playing away.

The broad consensus is that we will get skooshed 10-0

I'll keep you informed.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »
The team I coach, the mighty under 12s (Redlands United) are bottom of the league with 4 points. We are playing the top of the table tonight. They are called Loganholme and we are playing away.

I'll keep you informed.

Go, David!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 01:31:45 PM »

I'll keep you informed.

Whatever the score, at least you're not called Loganholme! That's a bit like "Arsenal Girls", "Darlington", or "St. Johnstone". Redlands sounds far more macho!

Good luck, anyway!

Malc

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 01:49:25 PM »
We lost 1-0 to a goal scored with 2 seconds to go.

No kidding, that's official from the ref himself.
I shouted myself hoarse, and my kids made me so proud...*sob*...no, I'll be alright in a minute...

The story is a lot more interesting than it first appears. Stick with me on this.

This season I've been co-coaching the might U12s at Redlands with a guy called Mark Davis. Nice fella who has three sons, the youngest very small, the oldest who is in my team and the middle one a bit of a child prodigy. His name is Rhain Davis.

Mark is Rhain's coach, always has been, but we have had a long association over a number of years and our families are very close. I pride myself on having had some input into his development. Rhain plays for the Redlands U10 development team

About a month ago Rhain was asked to a trial at the Manchester United Youth Academy. A week later he was signed officially and he and his father are over there right now.

Whilst Rhain and his dad have been over in Manchester, our team's fortunes have taken a jump. When Mark and I were both in charge, we were the league easybeats. Under my sole command we beat our nearest rivals last week and almost beat the top of the table tonight.
Just thought I'd mention that. I'm great, me.

Whilst I and Rhain's mum were walking back from the pitch, she got a phone call from the Sun newspaper, who wanted to talk to her about the latest soccer wunderkind. "He's only f**kin' nine years old, he loves playing football, and I don't want to talk about it!!!!" she yelled.

Check out Rhain Davis on YouTube. I'm on the video very briefly as the camera pans across (back to the camera, baseball cap). In all the years I've known him, I knew he was a talented lad, but never thought more of it than that. The video does flatter him a little.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 01:56:55 PM »
I am always bemused by these "seconds to go" goals. Now, statistically, goals can be scored in the last seconds as much as in any other period of the game, but if on average a side scores two goals a game, then the number of goals scored in the last, say, thirty seconds, should be 0.5/90*2 which is 0.01 goals per game. This would suggest that if the team is scoring much more than one of these goals every 100 games, then clearly they must be playing better in that last thirty seconds, which should make the coach wonder why they are not playing to this standard throughout the game.

But congratulations anyway on the lose, Malc.

peter

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 02:06:23 PM »

I'll keep you informed.

I was a football manager for five years and found myself trying to kick footballs and playing well in to my fifty's the lads were sixteen.
I found that with my health complaints I could not hack it so I became secretary.
You will find it is one of the most enjoyable times of your life
Enjoy it while you can