Author Topic: Bloody Helicopters and The Exorcist.  (Read 14375 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Bloody Helicopters and The Exorcist.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 02:13:19 PM »
Mince, Match Of The Day is crying out for you.

Malc, Rhain looks a bit special, as they say in football, but he was playing against kids. He'll get found out for the twelve-trick pony he really is (I counted them) when he comes up against John Terry, I can tell you. Mind you, the fact he's named after a posh Giggsy won't hurt him.

I like the sound of his mum.

Sorry I missed you on the video, but I was a little mesmerised by the silky, prodigious skills. I'm sure you were indeed great.
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 02:58:46 PM »
I'll take full credit for the team's magnificent performance, but also for the coach's myopia and cock-ups.

I played my own son Aidan in midfield instead of as a forward, especially on the right wing , which he loves. I eventually gave him his head with only ten minutes to go, and he tore the opposition to shreds. If I'd given him more of a chance he might have grabbed a valuable goal.

Ah well, if ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
If Wishes were Fishes....

The great Australian? songwriter, Eric Bogle. (He also wrote The Green Fields of France).
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 04:08:08 PM »
I'll take full credit for the team's magnificent performance, but also for the coach's myopia and cock-ups.

I played my own son Aidan in midfield instead of as a forward, especially on the right wing , which he loves. I eventually gave him his head with only ten minutes to go, and he tore the opposition to shreds. If I'd given him more of a chance he might have grabbed a valuable goal.

Ah well, if ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers.
As a manger you should be blaming the ref,the linesmen, the pitch, the opposition, the other manager and the crowd and you were robbed. also the extra time that was added.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »
Unlucky, Malc. The concept of last minute defeats obviously goes way over Mince's head. Oh, to be spared such pain.
Off to watch the wunderkind video now.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 08:01:22 PM »
Roger, I don't know if you hob-nob with the directors at Dundee United when you go, but I wouldn't mind an invite to your executive box one day.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 08:18:50 PM »
Oh, puh-leeeeeze!  ::)
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 08:25:52 PM »
I'd bring the peanuts.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »
Actually, Nige, I DO know one of the directors and I can get some sort of hospitality do when I want. They've used The Nomad for one or two things (Dundee United are known as "The Arabs"). I also used to draw (badly) a regular strip for the fanzine and, unbelievably, the club also want to use some of this stuff as prints in the hospitality suites! I think you can still see these strips if you trawl through the Dundee United sites. My pen name was Mixu McMio (long story). I've never taken up the offer of this freebie before but I could if you fancy it.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007, 09:11:13 PM »
If I fancy it? Too right! I once went to a friendly at the .. ahem.. club next door, when they played Wolves. A few years ago now as it was at the start of Graham Tailor's tenure. I'd love to come to the football match to see your team and your cartoons. I'm sure I'll have a great laugh.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 09:16:33 PM »
Clever line!
I tried to find the Mixu McMio stuff online but without success---I know it was around a few years back. I DID find a semi-animated Nomad at www.arabtrust.co.uk. Anyway, I'll be in touch about a match to take in.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 09:35:14 PM »
For some strange reason, "Love Is In The Air" is sung by United fans. I have no idea why but I mention this  in case anyone is wondering what the tune being whistled is in the link I gave.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007, 10:05:37 PM »
Oh, God. It's even worse than I remembered.

Malc

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007, 11:06:49 PM »
Roger, who's that guy with the beard in your avatar? Is it Civil War general Theophilus Kettle, or a computer generated pic of Custer as he would have looked if he'd lived to a ripe old age?