Author Topic: Glug glug glug  (Read 10728 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Glug glug glug
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 09:22:41 PM »
I've holidayed in Aviemore in March almost every year for the past 30 (time share), and one of the traditions is coffee and carrot cake at The Boathouse, on the shores of Loch Insch. It's a beautiful spot, and only a few years since the weather was so stunning for the whole week, that we were actually sunbathing on the sands, in swimwear, in sweltering heat...in March!

Of course, the following year the loch was completely frozen over.
I apologise, in advance.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 07:11:25 PM »
I have to hand it to my dive club, they are trying to acclimatise me well. The dive pool (I now refuse to call it a swimming pool, as I believe I am superior to that now  ..0) is about 2 degrees away from having Leonardo di Caprio and Kate Winslet drifting past on a bit of flotsam. The pool staff also have this lovely habit of turning the showers to cold if we are 5 mins overtime. Personal shrinkage is becoming a growing concern.  :-[

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 06:58:02 PM »
It will be c.c.c.c.c.c.c.c.cold

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »
Diving update.

I can confirm that a dry suit in a swimming pool, is poorly named. I have never sweated so much in rubber, since a party in...ahem, well that's another story. I came out drookit !

It was really good though, and totally different from the buoyancy jacket. It was rather bizarre trying to control the air in the suit, and I'm glad the training instructors paid close attention to me, as I went foot end up several times. I have never been so scared of a potential fart since a poor curry in the early 90's.

Tell you what though Bill, fair play to anyone who does that day in day out. Kitting up is a task in itself, and I ended up with two women undressing me. Which sounds fine until I tell you that both of them said "Keep a hold of your shorts", literally in unison. I daren't mention how they slagged my snorkel!

So it's theory in a fortnight and then, I think, it is into the open water. My advancing years allows me a bit of trepidation in this. I may have to paint "help" on the soles of my boots.

Great fun.

;D

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 06:46:56 PM »
Tight rubber clothes...women undressing you...are you SURE you're at the right class?

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »
Never been surer.  8)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 07:14:57 AM »
Down, Periscope!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 11:00:21 PM »
No point in painting 'Help' on your boots. It goes on the underside of the fins.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 10:20:08 PM »
Good point. I'm going to develop fins with built in flares.

Money...come to Daddy!

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:15 PM »
Written exam passed. Not only do I know it's wrong to drown, I can pick out the reason in a multiple choice situation.

Open water, here I come.

;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2015, 04:33:57 AM »
Be careful out there Aquaman.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2015, 06:40:09 AM »
Written exam passed. Not only do I know it's wrong to drown, I can pick out the reason in a multiple choice situation.

Open water, here I come.

;D

Your wife bought you a paddling pool because you learned to write?