Author Topic: Glug glug glug  (Read 10727 times)

Sandy Buttcheeks

Glug glug glug
« on: October 31, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »
Finally! After a few weeks of emailing and finally Facebook messaging a club (my first ever Facebook interaction), I go for a trial dive on Monday. Looking forward to it. Apparently, if I'm good at it, they'll let me surface again.

:)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Glug glug glug
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
In a swimming pool or in the sea? If it's the former, I refuse to call it "diving". The name for this is "briefly submerging in a silly outfit". I do wish you well, though. Let us know how it goes.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:16:48 PM »
Just don't try it in the Dundee United penalty area. You could end up with a lengthy ban!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »
Remember to pop in here on Tuesday to give us the thumbs up sign that you made it.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:55:27 PM »
I am not long back from briefly submerging in a silly outfit. It was excellent and I didn't realise it would be so enlightening. I saw such underwater wonders...missing tile grout, a long dead hair clasp, and deeply submerged (well, 2.1 metres) strands of hair that looked just like strands of hair.

I am hooked though. The peace and calm of the underwater experience is brilliant and once I learn to swim the right way, up and not side-on like a fairground goldfish, all will be well. Can't wait until next week. I may bring my grouting tool.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »
What kind of hair doesn't float?

Please don't answer that.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 04:05:49 AM »
Did you find any chewing gum?

When I was a kid they didn't go in for all that pool cleaning they do now - just made us walk though some icy cold bleach water on the way in and out and that was us sorted.

Glad you didn't embarrass us by drowning.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
Have you tried blowing air rings yet?

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 08:36:58 PM »

Yes, but it was an accident...honest. Cleared the pool, mind you.   :-[

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »

You were not wearing a wet suit then.

Malc

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »
Well done. I remember when aqualungs and breathing apparatus were sexy. James Bond, plus TV series like Sea Quest had divers bobbing up, giving their thumbs up and the "ok" sign, with a dagger strapped to their thigh. Quite the exotic caper.

Now every silly arse is doing it. No offence.

I used to date a diver, she kept her gear in the bath. She later went on to create Meerkat Manor. Lovely girl.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 10:13:02 AM »

You were not wearing a wet suit then.

Not intentionally.

Well done. I remember when aqualungs and breathing apparatus were sexy. James Bond, plus TV series like Sea Quest had divers bobbing up, giving their thumbs up and the "ok" sign, with a dagger strapped to their thigh. Quite the exotic caper.

I'm sure there will be a time shortly, when I'm wishing it was The Bahamas and then a refreshing shower-off, and not Loch Long and then a hurried towel-down of bits that I was sure were there when I went into the water.   :-[

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 06:20:19 PM »
I've only ever dived on the pool or dorset or quarries.  Highest outside water temp was 15 degrees, lowest was 8. 

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »
Do you have an underwater camera Bill?

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 07:54:04 AM »
And if so, that was a bit careless, wasn't it?!
I apologise, in advance.