Author Topic: Pointless things...1.  (Read 2928 times)

Sandy Buttcheeks

Pointless things...1.
« on: May 10, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »
Now I'm not the sportiest person in the world, but I like to think I know a bit. What I do realise though, is that some things will always escape me. Like the point of Formula E !!

It's like motor racing for the deaf. No car engine noises...so what's the point?  And they get to change cars halfway round the circuit. Why? It's 2015, by God. We can stick a probe into space that will send pictures back from 60 gazillion miles away, using no more than the static electrical power from rubbing a balloon against a cheap jumper, and these pillocks play swapsies with a supposed racing car after a scoot around the block! Really.

They had the cheek to send out the safety car. I was expecting a Sinclair C5, remote controlled by someone from the sidelines. If they put some jumps in the middle of the track, I may watch it again. If they put in an "old ladies crossing ahead" hazard, I may watch again. Until then, they can stick their battery toys where the sun don't shine. Mind you, it'll take two goes at it to get to the finishing point.

>:(

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Pointless things...1.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »
Pointless things #2...the tea cosy.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:17:35 PM »
I'll see your tea cosy, and raise you "putting your hand out at a bus stop". It never works.

Or is it just me?

:(

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 08:28:38 PM »
I know for a fact the bus doesn't stop if you're naked with a tea cosy on your head and holding out your hand.

Redundant

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »
I know for a fact...

Please please please tell me that's because you have seen someone naked, with a tea cosy on their head, holding out their hand to stop a bus...the alternative is quite frankly, terrifying...

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 10:46:40 PM »
I know for a fact...

Please please please tell me that's because you have seen someone naked, with a tea cosy on their head, holding out their hand to stop a bus...the alternative is quite frankly, terrifying...

And he didn't even have the decency to shout, "Hi Sandy. How's the wife"

>:(

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »
lol
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »

It would be even more terrifying if the hand he was holding out was from his other arm.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »
Why? Sometimes we all need a helping hand.   :-\