Author Topic: Okay, I'll go first...  (Read 9910 times)

Egg

Re: Okay, I'll go first...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 12:49:29 PM »
The best thing has to be that we can now call the USA....Trumpton! ;D

As the average age of the Members is likely to be North of 50, then the above is definitely target
audience and no further explanation is required!  :P

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »
Funnily enough (and any excuse for another cartoon) here's a t-shirt design sketch I was working on a few weeks ago (may yet happen, so this is between us)...

Does anyone outside the USA actually think Trump was the right choice (apart from Putin and Farage, I mean)?

Diane, have y'all started building that wall across the Canadian border yet?

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »
I am glad Trump won. (never thought I would ever say that!) I think America picked correctly and chose the lesser evil.

I am surprised he was allowed to win after what happened to the true people's choice Bernie Sanders.

If I had been American, I would have voted for a woman but it would have been Jill Stein. 

Glad the election is over - two years is ridiculous.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 10:40:19 PM »
Sorry, I still don't understand how a woman who was a bit sloppy with her emails can be a greater evil than a racist, homophobic, mysogenistic sexual predator and bully, who lies through his teeth, makes a virtue out of dodging taxes, and routinely refuses to pay people who have worked for him (there's more, but that should do). But maybe it's just me.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 12:42:03 AM »
Sorry, I still don't understand how a woman who was a bit sloppy with her emails can be a greater evil than a racist, homophobic, mysogenistic sexual predator and bully, who lies through his teeth, makes a virtue out of dodging taxes, and routinely refuses to pay people who have worked for him (there's more, but that should do). But maybe it's just me.

No, it is not just you, that was the narrative that was pushed by the media on everyone. A high ranking solider is in fact in jail for doing the same thing with emails - but there is a different standard for her for some reason. She did it and she lied about doing it.

When you consider the big and little things that Clinton did in her role as Secretary of State or as support with her husband - things done rather than said, she has proved herself to be worse than Trump.

Racist: Her husband was the start of the for-profit jail system. So many blacks are incarcerated because they can't afford the law game, incarcerated over things as petty as smoking weed (Obamba laughed about his own use).  They had to dig back to the 70s or 80s when Trump refused to rent to black people - many Americans have changed their views since then. She was the one that actually sent undocumented children back to Mexico because they arrived without parents.

Homophobic: Do you not recall how much she flip-flopped on the issue of gay rights? She only turned pro-gay when the atmosphere in the nation warmed up to gay rights.

Misogynistic: Campaigning now for equal wages for women. What stopped her in the last 30 years from paying women even in her own department the same as men? She paid them 79c on the dollar. When the poor garment workers (women) in Cuba campaigned for 61c an hour (living wage there was $2.5 an hour at the time) - she had a part in busting them back down to 30 cents an hour because she was for the US garment manufacturers not women or human rights. Pretty darn evil.

Lies through his teeth: Yes, she wins him there too from her narrowly escaping sniper fire in Bosnia to even things that don't matter such as her support of a sports team over another.

She wouldn't release her corporate speeches because she said one thing to her rich backers and another to the rubes. She has been so pro-Israel, a nation who have been awful to Palestine. She is a war monger for wars for profit. She has been part of a pay for play system with her charity and takes Saudi contributions (surely one of the most evil nations in the world?)

She hired the leader of the party Shultz after Shultz was fired for cheating the running Sanders in favour of Hillary - she took questions ahead of the debate from A CNN reporter who got fired for cheating then boasted in the debate how she had prepared for the debate. She would not be allowed to run for class president in a high school for even this.

Trump said things when a private citizen that were inappropriate - but she actually laughed on camera in her role in the rape and murder (as that is what it is without trial) of Gadhafi - that now is being proven to be more about him wanting to sent up a gold standard system and not be in debt to America.

She is the Queen of False flags and double standards. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 01:10:58 AM »
Yes, but apart from that...
I apologise, in advance.

Redundant

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 06:45:15 AM »
It's a big list Diane, but it's a bit one sided, anything bad about Trump was just the narrative pushed by the media, whereas everything bad about Clinton is true?  Admittedly my remarks are also one sided, I guess that's the nature of taking sides, making judgements, being human.   I wish America luck with their new Messiah, I hope he leads them to the promised land [damn, my bias is showing again], personally I suspect they [or at least the ones who voted for him] now have the government they deserve.  Maybe he'll surprise us all.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 08:42:46 AM »
It's a big list Diane, but it's a bit one sided, anything bad about Trump was just the narrative pushed by the media, whereas everything bad about Clinton is true?  Admittedly my remarks are also one sided, I guess that's the nature of taking sides, making judgements, being human.   I wish America luck with their new Messiah, I hope he leads them to the promised land [damn, my bias is showing again], personally I suspect they [or at least the ones who voted for him] now have the government they deserve.  Maybe he'll surprise us all.

I was pushing back against the popular argument of he's so vile but she has only a few innocent emails to go against her. Obamba has just today pre-pardoned her for any future legal action. Different rules for the top players.

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »
Shall we see how well the laws apply to Trump? I guess we shall. Or perhaps we won't.
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 09:46:38 AM »
But all of the above aside (and I can agree that the choices were not good), America has voted an emotionally immature (let's be kind) hothead to one of the most powerful positions on Planet Earth. Regardless of the faults and past records of both main candidates, that on its own is cause enough for grave concern.
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »
Strong language, but THIS...

https://youtu.be/GLG9g7BcjKs
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 11:39:06 AM »
I bet Trump wasn't homeschooled.

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »
 ;D I guarantee he was!
I apologise, in advance.

Redundant

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 02:00:58 PM »
Three of his kids and his son-in-law in the Trump transition team, at least we can rule out the likelihood of nepotism...

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
I apologise, in advance.