Author Topic: Bewildered Cartoonist Writes.  (Read 10844 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Bewildered Cartoonist Writes.
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 11:02:47 PM »
Pay her a salary to come home, Roger - you know it makes sense.

I used to drop litter in Bell Street. Deliberately!

I've reformed now (I'm the Brand New Seekers).

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 11:11:25 PM »
Tarks, as the Americans quaintly say, I'm a wuss. I'd pay my daughter to come home just to be my wee girl again.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 11:20:55 PM »
Tarks, as the Americans quaintly say, I'm a wuss. I'd pay my daughter to come home just to be my wee girl again.

That is so touching, Roger.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 11:22:33 PM »

I felt exactly the same when my wee (5'10") girl left for Canada. Two granddaughters helped fill the gap.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 11:23:51 PM »
What did you say to the poor lass, Peepsie?  :o
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 11:28:10 PM »
What did you say to the poor lass, Peepsie?  :o

Nothing really, (apart from the rumour that Father Christmas was dead), and I only touched on that briefly.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 11:31:53 PM »
Peepmaster, why use parenthetic commas if you're going to go for brackets anyway? And the last part cannot refer to the bit in brackets, so what does it refer to?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 11:36:20 PM »
Peepmaster, why use parenthetic commas if you're going to go for brackets anyway? And the last part cannot refer to the bit in brackets, so what does it refer to?

I'm the Peepmaster. End of.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 11:52:46 PM »
I?m sorry to hear of your daughter?s troubles Roger. No doubt you made sure that she has a deadbolt on her door. You should see if the Uni she attends offers a self-defense class for young women ? that might make her feel better living alone.

Vulture ? where is your daughter in Canada? I am the only member of the C.B.P.F.C. she could join and double our numbers. That would look very good for Roger?s statistics for getting a new comic book published.

And as for the topic of this thread. I have no idea what is going on most of the time here either ? seems like a lot of testosterone, dictionaries and rubber chickens are flying around to me.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »
Diane, my daughter's in Toronto. She went there five years ago, spent six months in Australia, two years teaching in Kyoto and got back to Canada just about a year ago. Her permanent residency came through last week and she wants me to join her on a family thingy. If I move over there, we could have three on the forum!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 12:15:53 AM »
There's a chance I might be going to Canada next year. Lucy has family members there. Never been there before, although I'd been to CANDA a few times when the store was operating. (Did you know Bute has a "Canada Hill" by the way?) However, I fear it may be just like an extension of Rothesay, so I'm pushing for us to go to Shanghai, Hong Kong and Manila.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 12:17:59 AM »
We should wait then Vulture - if you both joined the same year that would be a 200% increase but if she joined first, then you joined later that would only be a 50% increase.

If there were three of us, I guess we would have to hold elections for president and I could lose - dang - there goes my reason for living.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 12:23:10 AM »
Diane, you're LIFE president. That was passed in January 2001!

Vulture

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 12:42:27 AM »
We should wait then Vulture - if you both joined the same year that would be a 200% increase but if she joined first, then you joined later that would only be a 50% increase.

If there were three of us, I guess we would have to hold elections for president and I could lose - dang - there goes my reason for living.

Would I have to re-join? If I did, it would mean losing one from the UK, and gaining a chanuk (not sure if that's the correct spelling.) so the status quo would remain the same.   My daughter's partner could join at the same time and that could be your 200% increase!

Mind you, I have to get there first. If the process takes too long, I'll be to old to get on the plane.  ;)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 02:06:34 AM »
Thanks Roger - I forgot about that proclamation.

There must be some sort of conveyer belt to get you up to the plane door Vulture.