Author Topic: Bewildered Cartoonist Writes.  (Read 10843 times)

Vulture

Re: Bewildered Cartoonist Writes.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 07:53:59 AM »
Thanks Roger - I forgot about that proclamation.

There must be some sort of conveyer belt to get you up to the plane door Vulture.

There are some funny little 'golf-cart' thingies that you can use BUT only if you have a blue badge (it enables you to park your car in a disabled parking spot). I have a friend, 87, who asked if she could have a ride in one of these as she had to keep stopping to have a rest, and she was told, 'if you're not a blue badge holder, NO'. She nearly missed the plane!

Malc

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »
Why don't you phone me? I am the greatest living expert on what's funny. People should consult me more often.
I have been burgled once, whilst in Manchester, and had my car broken into twice, both times in Manchester.

A friend and I were once mugged in Leith. It happens every time we go there. We report it to the police but they merely dismisseth us.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 11:45:40 AM »

A friend and I were once mugged in Leith. It happens every time we go there. We report it to the police but they merely dismisseth us.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Calypso

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »
Years ago, my home was burglarized. It was in the middle of the night. We were asleep, thankfully, and didn't discover that a crime had taken place until the morning. Because a wallet and purse were among the items taken, we had to cancel credit cards, get new driver's licenses, and put a hold on our checking account. It was such a pain to have to do this.The police told us that several homes had been broken into in our area and that we had been rather fortunate. If the burglar hadn't found what he was looking for, presumably cash and small things, he would have entered the bedroom and gone through things there --with us there. The police couldn't do anything because it was simply a "routine" break-in. It may have been routine to them but it was unnerving to us. We kept a baseball bat within reach under the bed for a couple of months afterwards. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 02:37:26 PM by Calypso »

peter

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »
I would still have my baseball bat under the bed if I was you.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »
The last thing I'd want to do in a situation like that is play baseball.

peter

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »
The last thing I'd want to do in a situation like that is play baseball.

If you were in that situation I think that would be at the front of your mind.
The only question would be which bit of the burglar you would hit first.

Calypso

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 06:34:56 PM »
I would still have my baseball bat under the bed if I was you.

I don't have a baseball bat anymore. It departed with its owner a number of years ago.

The only question would be which bit of the burglar you would hit first.

I have no doubt that the baseball bat's owner could have beaten the stuffing out an intruder if necessary. I don't think it would have mattered which area was hit.  He had a very strong swing and had broken some bats during ballgames.

Colin

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »
Is this him?

peter

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 11:18:56 PM »
He bats at number seven

Calypso

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2007, 12:10:42 AM »
Is this him?

Sadly, no, Colin. That's not quite my type. You'll have a better image if you and Peter know that my "batter-up" was more of an Adrian Paul clone, but I do like the picture you have presented, as well as the idea behind it!  I could have used a guy like that!  ;)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2007, 12:21:31 AM »
I love to see the bats fluttering round my place at dusk. When I was in the Philippines a couple of months ago, we stopped for a night at Subic Bay. The sky was filled with Fruit Bats the size of rooks. It was so like looking up on a rook colony on Bute. An amazing sight, and one I'll always remember. Sad to think they're an endangered species.

peter

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2007, 01:13:22 AM »
I love to see the bats fluttering round my place at dusk. When I was in the Philippines a couple of months ago, we stopped for a night at Subic Bay. The sky was filled with Fruit Bats the size of rooks. It was so like looking up on a rook colony on Bute. An amazing sight, and one I'll always remember. Sad to think they're an endangered species.

So are you Peeps.