Author Topic: Covid19 Roll Call  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Covid19 Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 05:54:40 PM »
Glad to see you are doing ok Bill, and I hope your tp situation doesn't get dire. I picked up a 2 pack of solar panels before all this happened - one is to power an electric cattle waterer out in a field without a power source and the other is to be mounted on my vintage campervan - not that it looks like I will be camping other than at our own place now - but maybe I can quarantine one of my family members out in it when the weather improves (12" new snow this week - wasn't going anywhere anyway)

Roger that is a very dangerous game - nobody should be listening to two hours of news at at time! 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
Mince, believe it or not, we're all aware of the current pandemic. I'm not sure that you updating us daily on the death rate---and coupling that with your dire predictions---is spreading much comfort!

You can shut all that out and bask in the knowledge that Dundee United are having their best season for ages.  (y)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2020, 02:37:16 PM »
You can shut all that out and bask in the knowledge that Dundee United are having their best season for ages.  (y)

;D ;D ;D ;D I'd never have gotten away with posting that.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D I'd never have gotten away with posting that.

How dare you quote that, you insensitive cad!
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2022, 10:55:29 AM »
It finally got me! 😕

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2022, 09:02:52 PM »
So sorry, mate. Hopefully, the effects are no worse than on recent sufferers I've spoken to---a couple of days of feeling crap, followed by a lessening period of exhaustion and a complete recovery. I know a few people with a similar medical history to yours and they've all emerged from Covid 19 in fine fettle. Be one of them, Steve!

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 12:11:09 PM »
Thanks, Roger. I appear to be doing just as you describe, and feeling very much better today, with the only lingering frustration that I have lost my taste and smell (despite being accused of never having had the former, and that the latter can only be a good thing.... before Mince beats me to it).

That aside, physically and mentally, I feel pretty much back to normal. Emotionally, I'm less certain. I've spent pretty much three days adopting the Andy Capp position on my sofa watching telly-on-demand. It started with binge-watching 'Little House On The Prairie', until I could take no more, and switched to watching the movies 'The Day After Tomorrow', 'Armageddon' and 'Deep Impact' in quick succession. Amateur psychoanalysts among you, don't hold back.... :D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2022, 10:08:32 AM »
It started with binge-watching 'Little House On The Prairie', until I could take no more

As a gauge of normality, for the rest of us this would be zero episodes.

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2022, 04:17:14 PM »
Yeah, yeah - too busy watching The Waltons, are you?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2022, 07:20:36 PM »
Nope, Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman. We're re-watching the episode where one of the main characters dies horribly from rabies.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2022, 11:29:38 AM »
There's a nice way to die from rabies?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2022, 03:18:55 PM »
Just seeing this now Tarqs - as it is 4 days later, I hope you are fully recovered?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2022, 02:36:42 PM »
Thanks, Diane. I've felt almost 100% since Saturday morning (still an irregular cough, but I think I've had that most of my life), and even my taste has mostly returned after a couple of days AWOL. But I'm still testing positive (8th day now), which is a bit annoying. Hopefully that will change soon. Watch this space...
I apologise, in advance.