Author Topic: England misses out again  (Read 6663 times)

peter

England misses out again
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:12:34 PM »
England 1 Russia 2 again we wont be at a European campaign.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: England misses out again
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:59:47 PM »
So long as you tried your best Peter that is all anyone can ask.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:09:15 PM »

Bear with me, Peter. What have England gone and lost now?

peter

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:32:53 PM »

Bear with me, Peter. What have England gone and lost now?

Maybe the will to live.

peter

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 05:14:58 PM »
See Scotland followed our lead and lost as well'
I can see the Home championship being brought back as it will be the only way one of the home nations will win something

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »
Ah, but Scotland losing was a calculated tactic, Peter. It's still in our hands alone (unlike England, who require other teams to help them out), and had our boys had to play Italy only needing a draw to go through, it would have been a guaranteed disaster. Playing to win is the only way to approach this final game - the notion that anything less might do would work against us. See? So we didn't turn up against Georgia - and it worked a treat. I was a little worried when we almost got a penalty, but thankfully the ref was blind.

It is my fervent wish that both of our proud nations qualify for the final stages. If only so that we might get the opportunity to stuff the ghosts of Seaman, Gascoigne and Geller once and for all.

I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 06:55:36 PM »
Ah, but Scotland losing was a calculated tactic, Peter. It's still in our hands alone (unlike England, who require other teams to help them out), and had our boys had to play Italy only needing a draw to go through, it would have been a guaranteed disaster. Playing to win is the only way to approach this final game - the notion that anything less might do would work against us. See? So we didn't turn up against Georgia - and it worked a treat. I was a little worried when we almost got a penalty, but thankfully the ref was blind.

It is my fervent wish that both of our proud nations qualify for the final stages. If only so that we might get the opportunity to stuff the ghosts of Seaman, Gascoigne and Geller once and for all.

Dreaming I am always dreaming.
I think you have been having to much of the hard stuff.
If any one of the home nations make I will be very surprised.
Ps who the hell is Geller.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »
Uri.
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »
Uri.

What has he to due with England football squad.

Vulture

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »

Dreaming I am always dreaming.
I think you have been having to much of the hard stuff.
If any one of the home nations make I will be very surprised.
Ps who the hell is Geller.

Isn't she Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 12:11:22 AM »
Uri.

It is well documented, Peter. England were on the ropes, despite Shearer's opening goal against the run of play. Scotland were showing no mercy. The pressure bore fruit - PENALTY! Captain Courageous, Gary McAllister stepped up to the spot. The strike was uncharacteristically poor, and Seaman pulls off the save. Seconds later, the ball reaches Gazza at the other end of the pitch for one of the most ridiculously spectacular goals ever witnessed at Wembley, and it's all over.

Slow motion video evidence reveals that a split second before McAllister's foot connected for the penalty kick, the ball moved off its spot, rolling a fraction to the right. Enough to affect the crispness of the strike. Later, an unrepentant Uri Geller was to admit on national daytime television that at that exact moment, he was a passenger in a helicopter paid for by the News Of The World, hovering above Wembley Stadium, clutching George Cohen's 1966 World Cup Final cap, and using his psychic telekinetic powers to move the ball.

Sadly, the laws of the game do not legislate against mutant interference. We wuz robbed!
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 05:18:28 AM »
Uri.

It is well documented, Peter. England were on the ropes, despite Shearer's opening goal against the run of play. Scotland were showing no mercy. The pressure bore fruit - PENALTY! Captain Courageous, Gary McAllister stepped up to the spot. The strike was uncharacteristically poor, and Seaman pulls off the save. Seconds later, the ball reaches Gazza at the other end of the pitch for one of the most ridiculously spectacular goals ever witnessed at Wembley, and it's all over.

Slow motion video evidence reveals that a split second before McAllister's foot connected for the penalty kick, the ball moved off its spot, rolling a fraction to the right. Enough to affect the crispness of the strike. Later, an unrepentant Uri Geller was to admit on national daytime television that at that exact moment, he was a passenger in a helicopter paid for by the News Of The World, hovering above Wembley Stadium, clutching George Cohen's 1966 World Cup Final cap, and using his psychic telekinetic powers to move the ball.

Sadly, the laws of the game do not legislate against mutant interference. We wuz robbed!

[s-t-r-e-t-c-h] - [yawn] - Wotwozthat, Tarquin? Did you say something?  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 07:35:23 AM »
Indeed I did, Vult. And had you stayed awake, you would have realised I was relaying a tale of fascinating conspiracy and subterfuge...not just balls.  :P
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 08:12:33 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

peter

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 05:14:29 PM »
What a weekend England and Scotland defeated at football also England rugby squad as well as F1 Hamilton.
It nearly makes you weep.