Author Topic: Beau Peep trivia challenge  (Read 182882 times)

Fyodor

Re: Beau Peep trivia challenge
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »
I wuz robbed!
I took the Trivia Challenge today at about 10 o'clock and got 10/10, but when I tried to submit my answers, I got a message saying that they were performing maintenance from 10 to 10.20 Central Time.
The upshot is that my time taken is shown as 1176 seconds, or 19 minutes 36 seconds! Yes a second exclamation mark! Make that three.
Life and quizzes just ain't fair.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2008, 12:42:06 PM »
I wuz robbed!
I took the Trivia Challenge today at about 10 o'clock and got 10/10, but when I tried to submit my answers, I got a message saying that they were performing maintenance from 10 to 10.20 Central Time.
The upshot is that my time taken is shown as 1176 seconds, or 19 minutes 36 seconds! Yes a second exclamation mark! Make that three.

This is clearly going to haunt you for the rest of your life.

Vulture

« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2008, 01:44:53 PM »
I wuz robbed!

Never mind 'you wuz robbed'!!! I took it at 6.30 this morning and got 10! in 83 seconds, and now it isn't there at all!!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2008, 02:13:44 PM »
I presume it won't let you take it again, Vult, or you'd be up there at the top with about 16 seconds. I think, since you haven't missed a day this month until this glitch occurred, that perhaps Diane and I (the only other ever-presents this month) should magnanimously consider missing tomorrow's quiz in order to restore the balance. Of course, it all hinges on whether Diane is a ruthless BP Quiz addict or not, determined to triumph at all costs (and if she won't do it, I'm b*ggered if I'm going to). What say you, Diane?

Fydo, you're not the first that's happened to (see earlier postings). I think the trick is to try to avoid taking the quiz until after around 11am-noon, UK time, since they seem to routinely perform maintenance at around 10am for about an hour, and if you start just as they are shutting up shop, your seconds will 'carry over'.

This is a serious business, Mince, and I remain to be convinced that you are not indeed postmanpat, aka sam. We're watching you!  ..0
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »
Okay - I will not take the test on the 12th. I have just written "Do not do Beau test" in my book.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »
Okay - I will not take the test on the 12th. I have just written "Do not do Beau test" in my book.

Diane, I think it's very kind of you and TTIII, but it's not necessary; it's only a game. I expect you both to do you best, as usual, as early as you can tomorrow!  :)

peter

« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2008, 04:42:03 PM »
I think that it will be me who wins tomorrow with or without the two.

Fyodor

« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »

Diane, I think it's very kind of you and TTIII, but it's not necessary; it's only a gameI expect you both to do you best, as usual, as early as you can tomorrow!  :)
!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2008, 06:15:22 PM »
But the fourteen pages in this topic suggests that it's more than a game.

And people take things too seriously. It's like those idiots who run around kicking a ball as though it means something. They are totally insane.

Vulture

« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »

And people take things too seriously. It's like those idiots who run around kicking a ball as though it means something. They are totally insane.

We might have known that Mince would bring his hatred of football into this!

peter

« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2008, 07:16:39 PM »
Can any one help me.
I want to know why people wear camouflage trousers.
If they want to hide you would think that they would wear a top as well but no just the trousers.
Therefore you can still see the top half if the camouflage works if not why wear them?

« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »
Wild stab, Peter - they look good?

I used to have a pair, but I can't find them anywhere.
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2008, 07:51:31 PM »

Whereas a passion for Dr Who, spaghetti westerns and fulminating with rabid intensity against the TV Licence Fee, are all deeply rational and worthwhile.   ..0
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
Can any one help me.
I want to know why people wear camouflage trousers.
If they want to hide you would think that they would wear a top as well but no just the trousers.
Therefore you can still see the top half if the camouflage works if not why wear them?
Peter, do you know someone who wears camouflage trousers?  ..0

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2008, 08:09:05 PM »
The tops are very hard to find.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad