Author Topic: Beau Peep trivia challenge  (Read 182894 times)

Jack

Re: Beau Peep trivia challenge
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2008, 11:46:21 PM »
I've been very tired.

Yes, tired is in this case a euphemism for "stupid".

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2008, 12:18:22 AM »
I got a score of two once. It was an experiment to see how quickly I could do the quiz. I didn't read any of the questions, and hit the answer (a) for every one. I think it took about 10-15 seconds all told

And I still got two right.

There now, Jack - does that make you feel better?
I apologise, in advance.

Jack

« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »
Yes. Yes it does.

Oh, hang on, sorry. I misread "better" as "bitter".

« Reply #348 on: December 01, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »
Good going on the guesses though, Peter!

Even ol' Zesty got a crap score, but he was quicker at being crappy than me - not sure what that says.

Diane, I don't know what kind of oily fish you've been scoffing this month, but I'm sorely in need of some, and I detest fish. Your performances this month have been even more awesome than ever.

Malc, you're a bloody cheat if you overtake me now.

Bloody cheat, McGookin!

Diane, a Lazarus-style recovery this month after the hi-Jack of your rightful status in recent times. Congratulations on yet another notch on your metaphorical quiz bedpost.

Don't look back though - I've got a feeling this will be a tough month ahead, with Christmas spirit a little thin on the ground. I can sense the sweat spilling to the floor of the brain gym, as a handful of wannabe's pump their smartar*e muscle in earnest.

Me? Cup of tea and a chocolate Hobnob, as always.  ;)
I apologise, in advance.

Zesty White

« Reply #349 on: December 01, 2008, 11:32:11 AM »
Good going on the guesses though, Peter!

Even ol' Zesty got a crap score, but he was quicker at being crappy than me - not sure what that says.

Diane, I don't know what kind of oily fish you've been scoffing this month, but I'm sorely in need of some, and I detest fish. Your performances this month have been even more awesome than ever.

Malc, you're a bloody cheat if you overtake me now.

Saturday was the harshest quiz I've faced on this thing. I thought I'd guessed well at first, because I had 2 out of the first 3 correct. Alas, it didnt get any better. Ah well, them's the breaks...

Malc

« Reply #350 on: December 01, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »
I've figured how to play this quiz. The trick is not to be first. That way you can wait until the other suckers contestants have a go, and see if any of the leaders post an 8. If so, when you take your turn you can relax, cogitate, change your mind, etc. It might take 140 seconds for you to to get a 9, but that's still better than an 8 which only took 54 seconds.

I'm anticipating a different atmosphere this month, as contestants all wait until the last minute before taking part. It'll be like bloody eBay.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #351 on: December 01, 2008, 06:29:34 PM »
Malc, I was aware that I was having an advantage by playing later than everyone else (not my fault the time difference) I do make a special effort to be the first to play if ever I am up very late (i.e. after 1:00 AM) to try and be fair and make up for this.

Thank you TTIII - always gracious as ever.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Malc

« Reply #352 on: December 02, 2008, 12:59:42 AM »
Diane, there's no "advantage" to be had due to your geographical location, for instance I can either be first or last, it depends on when I decide to play. I just figured out all too late that sometimes it doesn't help to be first cab off the rank.

Now that I know you lot are all pretty cluey, I can look at the scores and judge how hard the quiz is likely to be that day. That also gives me a clue as to whether I should whizz through it (I might have to get a 10, and have to do it quickly) or whether I can coast a little because no-one got above an 8.

Mind you, I don't ever want to get too competitive, so I'll regularly take my turn as the pigeon.  ;D

« Reply #353 on: December 02, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »
Zesty, you are postmanpat and I claim my five pounds.

10 correct in 32 seconds? It took me that long to read the first two questions.

I apologise, in advance.

Zesty White

« Reply #354 on: December 02, 2008, 12:56:11 PM »
Who the heck is postmanpat?

I just got lucky with those questions and I can read quite fast, although that does trip me up sometimes.

Dont worry, it'll come round to literature questions again and I'll be stumped.

« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2008, 01:39:40 PM »
I've figured how to play this quiz. The trick is not to be first. That way you can wait until the other suckers contestants have a go, and see if any of the leaders post an 8. If so, when you take your turn you can relax, cogitate, change your mind, etc. It might take 140 seconds for you to to get a 9, but that's still better than an 8 which only took 54 seconds.

I'm anticipating a different atmosphere this month, as contestants all wait until the last minute before taking part. It'll be like bloody eBay.

Ha - all you have to do is score ten or more in less than 42 seconds today, Malc - your theory sucks!
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »
Ya bunch of show-offs!
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
Honest I did try to better your score Tarks.

Zesty White

« Reply #359 on: December 06, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
Not Literature again!!!!!  :(