Author Topic: Beau Peep trivia challenge  (Read 182870 times)

Colin

Re: Beau Peep trivia challenge
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2009, 12:00:25 AM »

a) A quiz
b) A lemon
c) Quantum physics
d) All of these

Does d) include intself?

What's "intself"?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2009, 01:46:39 AM »
"intself" is a fusion of the words "integer" (whole number) and "itself". Since the choices are alphanumeric, the idea that D) can refer to itself, absurd in itself given the inevitable self-referrential recursion that would occur, is given extra impossible absurdity in the idea that only numerical reference is allowed with alphanumeric sequential itemisation.

I hope that explains things.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2009, 01:47:51 AM »
Well done Diane - winning the February competition like that! - you must be proud.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »
Bravo! I've never looked at this quiz but Bravo!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2009, 10:48:43 AM »
Yeah, congratulations on another month of ruthless, naked ambition, Diane - I see you've now added shameless egotism and self-publicity to that, and are already carving up all in your path for this month, even after only four days.

I'd have posted my congratulatory bit of nonsense, as I have done in the past, but quite frankly I'm bored with having to come up with a new twist every time you win, so I've decided it's no more, Mr Nice Guy, and I'm going to stop playing the quiz left-handed and blindfolded. I obviously can't rely on any of these other wasters to do the job for me.

We've already witnessed the extraordinary lengths some people will go to in order to not admit defeat, with Mince's last posting above. But he ain't got nuthin' on you, Lady!

Let battle recommence...
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #395 on: March 05, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »
Yeah, congratulations on another month of ruthless, naked ambition, Diane - I see you've now added shameless egotism and self-publicity to that, and are already carving up all in your path for this month, even after only four days.

I'd have posted my congratulatory bit of nonsense, as I have done in the past, but quite frankly I'm bored with having to come up with a new twist every time you win, so I've decided it's no more, Mr Nice Guy, and I'm going to stop playing the quiz left-handed and blindfolded. I obviously can't rely on any of these other wasters to do the job for me.

We've already witnessed the extraordinary lengths some people will go to in order to not admit defeat, with Mince's last posting above. But he ain't got nuthin' on you, Lady!

Let battle recommence...

Spoken Written like a true gent!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #396 on: March 05, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »
Spoken Written like a true gent!

If that's true, more warnings are needed.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #397 on: March 05, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »
I figured you must have been playing left-handed or blindfolded TTIII what because of your scores being so low and all.

I am not going to play before my morning coffee kicks in from now on AND am going to study up on European soccer leagues and pop music...

I'm not going down without a fight.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #398 on: March 05, 2009, 03:47:18 PM »
Don't worry, Diane - those North American questions will always be in plentiful supply.

Oooh, this could get nasty!
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #399 on: March 09, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »
You really had to think about that last question today, huh, Malky?

5 hours, 13 minutes and 12 seconds must be a record time-out so far - my condolences!
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
You took 18792 seconds to complete this quiz.
Tonight, just as I was about to start the quiz, someone phoned me, I hung up half an hour later, went to football training, had a chat and a beer afterwards, came home, discussed with my wife the future of our fifteen year-old son and whether his interest in girls is outweighing his interest in football, sat down at the computer, absolutely whizzed through the quiz in a mere few seconds, thought smugly to myself "that'll show Zesty Zmartarse" only to find I had actually started it 5.22 hours ago.

Still, it's about the taking part, eh?

« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2009, 12:23:37 PM »
I've seldom heard anything so preposterous - tell him to stick to football.
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2009, 12:29:05 PM »
As for the rest of that fantasy, I put it to you that the truth is that you've Googling the answers for over five hours...and STILL got two wrong.  :\
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
You got me.

Unfortunately, due to a power outage I was using my nearest neighbour's computer in Woohoolamoolagoolaboola, a cattle station an hour's drive from here.

« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »
McGookin pulled a wire out of my modem today.   >:(
I apologise, in advance.