Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 9178 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 01:26:57 AM »
It looks like Roger has finally accepted Mince into the fold. Am I right to be worried...?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 07:50:50 AM »
It looks like Roger has finally accepted Mince into the fold. Am I right to be worried...?

No, Peeps. I'm sure there's no cause for concern: it was getting late; Roger was tired and he'd imbibed a little too much. You know how maudlin he gets when he's had a drink......  ::)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 09:35:09 AM »

No, Peeps. I'm sure there's no cause for concern: it was getting late; Roger was tired and he'd imbibed a little too much. You know how maudlin he gets when he's had a drink......  ::)

And it can also make you forget to type the word "pies" after mince. Let's hear it for those little seasonal delicacies. YAY!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 09:41:32 AM »
The "I Will Always Love You" thread was a thinly-disguised message for you, Peeps.

Joan

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 11:40:21 AM »
A very Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for all the "laugh out loud" moments I've experienced on here in the last year, after it entered my head to have a look see if Roger had a presence online.  Apart from finding out that Roger is indeed a successful cartoonist (our paths hadn't crossed for nearly 30 years and I've been in Australia for most of that time), I've enjoyed coming on here for a number of reasons - number one being there's usually something to make me smile.  I suppose you might expect that from a forum where the majority of members are cartoonists, but the "hangers-on" have their moments, too.  ;D

Wherever you are in the world, I hope you have a lovely Christmas with lots of good will and cheer!

Joan

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »
The "I Will Always Love You" thread was a thinly-disguised message for you, Peeps.

Thinly-disguised, but, yes - I noticed it has the same number of words as "You owe me a fiver". I'll put it in the post.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »
The C.B.P.F.C. has a tradition just like the Queen with her Christmas Day message to the nation.

On behalf of the C.B.P.F.C. I would like to extend my warm Christmas wishes to Roger and Andrew and to other Peepsters around the world and update you on the goings on in our club.

The club membership continues to be fairly low ? however I did gain a few pounds this year; by weight not volume, our numbers are looking good.

The club participated in the annual Beau Peep day of Merrymaking in May; good fun was had by all however the neighbour does want his ladder back.

This year the C.B.P.F.C. intends to share book number 1 with the entire world through the means of cyberspace. We here at the C.B.P.F.C. have never had a goal or purpose before so we are proud of ourself for thinking of something so fab.

The C.B.P.F.C. has once again ? for the eighth year in a row - voted for our ?Cartoonist of the Year? and yes, it is Jim Unger.

Merry Christmas!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Colin

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 01:46:55 PM »
A very Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for all the "laugh out loud" moments I've experienced on here in the last year, after it entered my head to have a look see if Roger had a presence online.  Apart from finding out that Roger is indeed a successful cartoonist (our paths hadn't crossed for nearly 30 years and I've been in Australia for most of that time), I've enjoyed coming on here for a number of reasons - number one being there's usually something to make me smile.  I suppose you might expect that from a forum where the majority of members are cartoonists, but the "hangers-on" have their moments, too.  ;D

Wherever you are in the world, I hope you have a lovely Christmas with lots of good will and cheer!

Joan

Did you just call me a "hanger on"?

Vulture

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 01:53:33 PM »

Joan

Did you just call me a "hanger on"?

I think she just called all of us (apart from the few cartoonists...) "hangers on!...

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 03:54:18 PM »
I think the smiley shows that it was meant in jest. On this site, we are all equal.
Except me, of course. I'm King.

peter

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 04:10:17 PM »
I think the smiley shows that it was meant in jest. On this site, we are all equal.

KONG

Vulture

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 04:24:11 PM »

KONG

:D :D :D :D :D

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 07:39:21 PM »
I want to be a hanger-on!  :'(
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 08:31:01 PM »
The C.B.P.F.C. has a tradition just like the Queen with her Christmas Day message to the nation.

On behalf of the C.B.P.F.C. I would like to extend my warm Christmas wishes to Roger and Andrew and to other Peepsters around the world and update you on the goings on in our club.

The club membership continues to be fairly low ? however I did gain a few pounds this year; by weight not volume, our numbers are looking good.

The club participated in the annual Beau Peep day of Merrymaking in May; good fun was had by all however the neighbour does want his ladder back.

This year the C.B.P.F.C. intends to share book number 1 with the entire world through the means of cyberspace. We here at the C.B.P.F.C. have never had a goal or purpose before so we are proud of ourself for thinking of something so fab.

The C.B.P.F.C. has once again ? for the eighth year in a row - voted for our ?Cartoonist of the Year? and yes, it is Jim Unger.

Merry Christmas!

Bravo, Diane! And fraternal greetings from the G.B.B.P.F.C., wishing y'all a rattlin' good Christmas and a flush 2008. Incidentally, if you require any advice about enlarging membership, I get several emails a day on the subject I could forward to you.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 08:43:35 PM »
I want to be a hanger-on!  :'(

You are, Tarquin, you are!  ;D