Author Topic: New Topic  (Read 3711 times)

Fyodor

« on: February 18, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: New Topic
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:42:32 PM »
I can't believe I counted them. 52. A year of smiles? Smiling weakly!!! Um...I give up.

Vulture

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »
A smiley annual?
An annual smiley?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
I can't believe I counted them. 52. A year of smiles? Smiling weakly!!! Um...I give up.

Oh come on, Roger. Bottom row, seventh from the left....? Remind you of anyone?  :)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:30:57 PM »
It's punctuated incorrectly for a start.

Tom

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
But look closely... are they all smiling?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:12:58 PM »
It's a brilliant statement of symbolic simplicity. The colon at the end, looks just that... until you start to have doubts... Is it the beginning of a consecutive smiling emoticon, which perhaps has assumed a thought process of its own? Has it chosen not to smile? To set itself apart from the sheep mentality of its predecessors, whilst at the same time, blithely remaining in line.

Perhaps the smilies represent a sea of cheerful, but lost souls, themselves looking out to sea. To distant horizons. Horizons that perhaps appear beyond reach. Unattainable. Lands of the lost. Dreams. Nightmares maybe? They could be us. Each and every one of us, trapped in a forum, slipping to a disastrous end under the command of a smiling lunatic. Sliding away, but smiling nonetheless. Smiling in adversity. The spirit still there.

Tom

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 11:23:51 PM »
It's a brilliant statement of symbolic simplicity. The colon at the end, looks just that... until you start to have doubts... Is it the beginning of a consecutive smiling emoticon, which perhaps has assumed a thought process of its own? Has it chosen not to smile? To set itself apart from the sheep mentality of its predecessors, whilst at the same time, blithely remaining in line.

Perhaps the smilies represent a sea of cheerful, but lost souls, themselves looking out to sea. To distant horizons. Horizons that perhaps appear beyond reach. Unattainable. Lands of the lost. Dreams. Nightmares maybe? They could be us. Each and every one of us, trapped in a forum, slipping to a disastrous end under the command of a smiling lunatic. Sliding away, but smiling nonetheless. Smiling in adversity. The spirit still there.

You saw what I saw then?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 11:24:38 PM »
I prefer to think Fydo was bored witless.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 11:29:30 PM »

You saw what I saw then?

;D  Tom, you need to post more.

Tom

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »
Feh - look beyond the boredom...

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 11:31:47 PM »
I might adopt that as my personal slogan: "Look beyond the boredom."

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 11:32:40 PM »
My other theory is that Fido fell asleep on the smiley button.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »
I might adopt that as my personal slogan: "Look beyond the boredom."

Or, "Peep past Mince" as we know it.

Tom

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 11:47:29 PM »
Feh - look beyond the boredom...

Sorry, this was a response to TTT111's comment.

I think they may be trying to get us off dial up.

:-[