Author Topic: Wish me luck ...  (Read 38655 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Wish me luck ...
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2009, 09:36:20 PM »
It would drive men to madness. Feather is one serious Cougar.

I need to run this through Babel Fish.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »
Yes, the picture Mince chose when he made up a girlfriend was of a rather good-looking babe wasn't it.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Malc

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2009, 05:05:58 AM »
What?! He made up a girlfriend AND a father?

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2009, 08:27:27 AM »
What?! He made up a girlfriend AND a father?

Ugly b@st@rd!
I apologise, in advance.

Joan

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2009, 10:46:52 PM »
Good God! Scotland won! (The rugby against Australia)  That was unexpected - just as well I get to choose who I go for after it's over.  ;)  Good on you Scotland, although by the looks of it, it was more a case of Australia being a shadow of their former selves than Scotland excelling.

We're expecting a high of 41C today, so the air conditioning was on very early, before the house heats up - an unusual occurrence.  As I type, I'm watching toh standing in the pool scrubbing the walls - he's gesturing to me to come out - if he thinks I'm getting in with him, he's got another thing coming.  He wanted sunscreen and a hat, so it must be bad - not the most sensible when protecting his skin, my husband.

I'm pretty good - you're all doing a good job of making me laugh, as are other friends, some intentionally, some unintentionally.  Will feel a lot better after Tuesday, when I get the pathology results, either way, but keeping my fingers crossed that they're as good as they can be.

I'm laughing right now at my oh, waving sheepishly from the empty spa, his Akubra on his head and the only other thing he has on are Speedos.  I would comment more, but I'd get into trouble.  He can laugh at me later, when I get into the full spa to cool down.  Although I've just been out to help him put acid in the water and it's not pleasant out there - supposed to cool down later with what we Sydneysiders call a southerly buster - the wind changes to coming from the South which is the cool one down here and usually brings storms with it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:05:19 AM by Joan »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »
I'm sure he was just sending you a cheery hello wave - put the kettle on.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Joan

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »
I'm the only tea/coffee drinker around here, Diane, I'm afraid, and even I'm not indulging much today!  The beers are in the fridge for later.  :)

Joan

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2009, 11:46:55 AM »
Mostly good news from the pathology results.  The two lymph nodes were clear of cancer and they got the whole tumour.  They take a bit of surrounding tissue as well and that was clear.  Some of the cancer cells in the tumour were high grade, so the grade has gone up to Grade 2, which just reinforces my feeling of luck at finding it early.  I find out what the treatment will be next Wednesday, but at the moment it's a tremendous relief that it hasn't spread.

Take care everybody,
Joan

Malc

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »
Great news. ;)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »
That's good to hear, Joan.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »
Terrific news, Joan.

Vulture

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Good to hear, Joan.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »
Yippy!

Will you still need chemo, just to be safe?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »
It's always a bit nervy when you get any results letter. I recently mentioned that the local NHS had sent me a kit for a DIY bowel-cancer kit. The brief note came back this week simply saying it seemed clear, and I'd be tested again in a couple of years.

I say brief, but it did have a small addendum mentioning that they'd only actually required "tiny smears". (Plus I got a ticking-off for not using the proper envelope.)

Oh yes, they also said the other good news was that the girl who opens their post had been successfully relocated. Not sure why that should interest me...

Tom

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2009, 07:52:41 PM »
Brilliant news, Joan!

Peeps... erm, yes.