Author Topic: Project.  (Read 24808 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Project.
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »
When I clicked on the link, it...er...took me back here.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 09:25:39 AM »
Works fine with Windows 7, Jack.  You have way too much time on your hands, but a very highly chuckleable ten minutes none the less.

It won't cost you a bean, Roger, but even once you click on the correct button, there are a few other procedures to follow before you get going. I'd wait until one of the kids comes a-calling - or my next visit.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »
Yes, that was fun, and I loved the ending: it really made me laugh.

Can I just say, Jack, that I think it's a bit low to use an internet game to parade Roger's (albeit well-known) utter inability to use a computer or indeed anything vaguely electrical or mechanical. (Remember the last time his wife asked him to wire a plug, and he telegrammed everyone with "Read Beau Peep in the Daily Star!".) And he's only just getting over the rejection letter from the Fisher Price Krypton Factor. I think making this program widely available on the forum is going too far.

Anyway, to make sure it's always available to download, here is a permanent link:

cameldung.co.uk/games/Escape-Setup.exe

Vulture

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 10:21:37 AM »
It's a bit slow!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
Is the music at the end from Doctor Who?

Vulture

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »

It sounds like the Great Escape!

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
End? He's playing mind games now.  >:(
I apologise, in advance.

Jack

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 11:36:27 AM »

Yes, it's called "Song of Freedom" and is indeed from Doctor Who.

Also many thanks for hosting the file; I know many people are wary of downloading from file-hosting sites, so I was a bit reluctant to use one. I've changed the link in my original post to the new one.

Quote from: Vulture
It's a bit slow!

I'm not sure if you mean the general pace, or the dialogue text? For the latter, I suspect I may have gone overboard with dramatic pauses.

Also, if you press the "ESC" button while the game is running, it should bring up a menu with an option to adjust the game speed.

Quote from: Tarks
Works fine with Windows 7, Jack.  You have way too much time on your hands, but a very highly chuckleable ten minutes none the less.

Good to know, thanks  :)

Quote from: Tarks
It won't cost you a bean, Roger, but even once you click on the correct button, there are a few other procedures to follow before you get going. I'd wait until one of the kids comes a-calling - or my next visit.

It's okay Roger, I'm changing the link in my sig to go straight to the file, rather than to my post. As Mince as kindly hosted the file on the site, it's just a case of clicking on the file, and following the very simple step-by-step instuctions (mostly clicking "next").

Thanks everyone who has bothered playing. As I said, I wanted to practise so I'd have been making something anyway. I thought it would at least be nice if it was something that could be appreciated by a handful of people, rather than just sitting on my computer not getting used.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:01:29 PM by Jack »

Jack

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
Also, is Mince the only person who actually managed to escape the room?

Vulture

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
No, Jack. It's probably NOT slow, it's just that I'm a lefty, and so's my mouse, and when you say 'click the right button' I have to work out which one that is.......!

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »
Thanks Jack,  very funny.  I managed to get Roger out of the room.  Is there more than one way of doing it, or should I not bother looking?

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
Get out of the room? Nope - didn't get that far, but I've just helped Roger get out of the blinkin' game, after a frantic phone call for help. I have to say, I was hugely impressed he'd managed to get into it in the first place, although the quivering distress in his voice indicated he didn't quite feel the same.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »
It's true. Having got into the game, I had to phone Tarks to get me OUT of it. I was hopelessly stuck and couldn't even find a way to quit the damn thing.
Sigh.

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
 ;D  I've just escaped from the room. Brilliant, Jack - it's much better than when I tried it earlier, and you hadn't...koff!...finished it. I've half a mind to call Roger back and explain how to go beyond the initial stages. But the other half of my mind is screaming, "NO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!!!"
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
I assume the general advice on this site to everyone with a problem from now on is: "Ask Malc about Emma Thompson!"