Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Diane CBPFC!  (Read 10972 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Happy Birthday, Diane CBPFC!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 02:46:18 PM »
Happy birthday, Diane.

For you, as the result of months of hard work on my part, here is the world's smallest birthday card.

Here ------>

I hope you appreciate all the painstaking hard work that went into that.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »
And here is my Thank you note: ----->

ha, ha, it's even smaller and it only took me 2 hours to make!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »
Sorry I'm late with birthday wishes, Diane - I'm just home from an unscheduled 5-day retreat at a nearby hospital (nothing serious in the grand scheme of things), and am only catching up on things now.

Hope you'll enjoy this offering more than the traditional cake. Can't hope to compete with Tom's card, but this I liked, in a kind of 'one utterly classy lady to another' sort of way. I know it takes you a while to download these things - hope it's worth it. Have a classy year!...

LENA HORNE Sings "Moon River" 1965
I apologise, in advance.

Joan

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 12:33:17 AM »
Hope you're ok, TT.  5 days in a hospital is a long time.  I've been enjoying my 3 weeks without a hospital visit and I don't even have to stay.

Stay well.  :)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 03:02:05 AM »
Sorry I'm late with birthday wishes, Diane - I'm just home from an unscheduled 5-day retreat at a nearby hospital (nothing serious in the grand scheme of things), and am only catching up on things now.

Hope you'll enjoy this offering more than the traditional cake. Can't hope to compete with Tom's card, but this I liked, in a kind of 'one utterly classy lady to another' sort of way. I know it takes you a while to download these things - hope it's worth it. Have a classy year!...

LENA HORNE Sings "Moon River" 1965

Aww, that is sweet TTIII - if I could be even half the classy lady you are - me dear ould Mum would be proud.

Now what is this about 5 days in the hospital, unexpected. I hope this is not the case of the British stiff upper lip? I hope it's not "Excuse me sir, but I seem to have lost my leg." kind of thing.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 03:16:05 AM by Diane CBPFC »
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 03:03:21 AM »
You may as well just tell us all what it was about. Was it something embarrasing?

Diamond Lil

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 06:39:10 AM »
...don't be too graphic, please, I haven't finished my toast yet.  Hope you're hale and hearty now?
(thanks for the Lena Horne tribute..one great example of triumph-over-whatever-life-throws-at-you kind of woman)

Vulture

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 07:08:37 AM »
You may as well just tell us all what it was about. Was it something embarrasing?

What Diane said!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 09:24:28 AM »
I know.

Vulture

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 10:03:24 AM »

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »
Was it something embarrasing?

It depends on how quickly you say it, really. There I was, in the doctor's surgery eight days ago, sitting with my swollen right leg displaying an angry red rash from top to bottom, that had appeared virtually overnight, taking up to ten minutes of agonising ritual to prepare before I could even ground my foot in any attempt to walk, and after two days of extreme fatigue, nausea and headaches. The doc's eyes lit up when he saw my leg, and gleefully declared it as an absolutely classic case of Cellulitis. I ask you!

Strong antibiotics were prescribed, but nothing could take away the pain of the embarrassing name, and the thought of what the kids would be spreading throughout the village the next day. In the event, the condition worsened considerably overnight, and the hospital visit followed another quick trip to my GP. Five days of rest and  IV treatment later, the leg is almost back to normal, as my life. Sadly, they're still calling it Cellulitis...

Sam took photos of the leg. They're much more impressive than the ones on Wikipedia. I'm thinking of sending them in - I've always wanted to be on Wikipedia.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 11:16:45 AM »

It depends on how quickly you say it, really. There I was, in the doctor's surgery eight days ago, sitting with my swollen right leg displaying an angry red rash from top to bottom, that had appeared virtually overnight, taking up to ten minutes of agonising ritual to prepare before I could even ground my foot in any attempt to walk, and after two days of extreme fatigue, nausea and headaches. The doc's eyes lit up when he saw my leg, and gleefully declared it as an absolutely classic case of Cellulitis. I ask you!

Strong antibiotics were prescribed, but nothing could take away the pain of the embarrassing name, and the thought of what the kids would be spreading throughout the village the next day. In the event, the condition worsened considerably overnight, and the hospital visit followed another quick trip to my GP. Five days of rest and  IV treatment later, the leg is almost back to normal, as my life. Sadly, they're still calling it Cellulitis...

Sam took photos of the leg. They're much more impressive than the ones on Wikipedia. I'm thinking of sending them in - I've always wanted to be on Wikipedia.

Oh, dear! ... and when can you go back to wearing your mini-skirt?

Diamond Lil

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
You're going to have to find another name for that...the only people I know of with that in our practice are incontinent old ladies...not suitable company for a gentleman such as you.

Tarqothis?  Sorry, sounds a bit like something Roger's snake in "Horace" might come up with

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 12:03:23 PM »

I'm curious.  What are they calling your left leg?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 12:55:56 PM »
Nice gag from Attila The Hut.

I'd been wondering where you were, Tarks. Glad you've now been released.

I knew the complaint would be more than Diane's "stiff upper lip" guess.

I hope Sam managed okay without you being around.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟