Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Diane CBPFC!  (Read 10967 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Happy Birthday, Diane CBPFC!
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
That sounds quite serious TTIII - I'm glad you're on the mend.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »

It depends on how quickly you say it, really. There I was, in the doctor's surgery eight days ago, sitting with my swollen right leg displaying an angry red rash from top to bottom, that had appeared virtually overnight, taking up to ten minutes of agonising ritual to prepare before I could even ground my foot in any attempt to walk, and after two days of extreme fatigue, nausea and headaches. The doc's eyes lit up when he saw my leg, and gleefully declared it as an absolutely classic case of Cellulitis. I ask you!

Strong antibiotics were prescribed, but nothing could take away the pain of the embarrassing name, and the thought of what the kids would be spreading throughout the village the next day. In the event, the condition worsened considerably overnight, and the hospital visit followed another quick trip to my GP. Five days of rest and  IV treatment later, the leg is almost back to normal, as my life. Sadly, they're still calling it Cellulitis...

Sam took photos of the leg. They're much more impressive than the ones on Wikipedia. I'm thinking of sending them in - I've always wanted to be on Wikipedia.

Seriously, not nice to have.  I hope you are feeling better - and can scratch.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
Since I was here, I found out that Lena Horne passed away on Sunday and that my son is getting his 4 wisdom teeth out this afternoon (was scheduled for July). So I made him a double jello and stuck some chilli in the slow cooker because who knows how this day is going to go.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »
Quote from: Diane CBPFC
Since I was here, I found out that Lena Horne passed away on Sunday and that my son is getting his 4 wisdom teeth out this afternoon (was scheduled for July). So I made him a double jello and stuck some chilli in the slow cooker because who knows how this day is going to go.
Yes, I read about Lena Horne at lunchtime today. It was then that I remembered seeing her in Tarquin's post this morning.

Quote from: Tarquin Thunderthighs lll
Five days of rest and  IV treatment later, the leg is almost back to normal, as my life. Sadly, they're still calling it Cellulitis...
Glad to hear things are getting back to normal Tarks.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 03:20:42 AM »
time to unsticky my BD post - it's not like I'm Queen Victoria or anything.

Vulture

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 06:46:03 AM »

No. I think she's a tad older than you....!  :P

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 08:52:05 AM »

She's also dead!

Vulture

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 09:54:06 AM »

She's also dead!

Jus 'coz you're dead doesn't mean you can't have a birthday!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
No, but it's difficult to blow out the candles.

Vulture

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 12:20:18 PM »
No, but it's difficult to blow out the candles.

I should imagine that Queen Victoria would have someone else blow out her candles!

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 02:43:33 PM »
She's also dead!
There's something not quite right with this sentence.  Other people can celebrate someone's (who has passed on, shuffled off this mortal coil, kicked the bucket, pushing up the daisies, etc) birth day, but I still don't think one can continue to celebrate it oneself.  Of course, alive or dead, one still has a birthday.  And I did not say otherwise.  I just pointed out that HM Queen Victoria was of the past tense not present.
 :P

Vulture

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »
She's also dead!
There's something not quite right with this sentence.  Other people can celebrate someone's (who has passed on, shuffled off this mortal coil, kicked the bucket, pushing up the daisies, etc) birth day, but I still don't think one can continue to celebrate it oneself.  Of course, alive or dead, one still has a birthday.  And I did not say otherwise.  I just pointed out that HM Queen Victoria was of the past tense not present.

You're just so bl@@dy PICKY........!!  :-X

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »
She's also dead!

Am not!  :-*

Vulture

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »
She's also dead!

Are so!

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »
She's also dead!

Are so!

Not!