Author Topic: The Beau Peep musical---an update.  (Read 25915 times)

Malc

Re: The Beau Peep musical---an update.
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »
Fort Despair.
Yep, loved it, I heard it as a Robbie Williams song, with the (formerly indolent) soldiers suddenly getting up to pull off an energetic dance routine, almost as a fantasy sequence. Maybe they were in formation and suddenly started their Bob Fosse stuff in the manner of that famous Monty Python army routine? Does need to be speeded up a tad.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
I don't usually like websites with music in the background, but this one I do: http://www.mongolia.co.uk/

I often return to it just to get my fix of that tune...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Malc

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »
No One Knows
This has the feel of that song in Jesus Christ Superstar where Herod lampoons Jesus. Which character is singing?
The song seems to have a sweet beginning, then changes to soft shoe number. Could there be a moment where the character strips off his gear to reveal a different costume underneath, before asking the other character to dance? I'm only working on instinct here, I have no idea what or who is in the scene. When the "I can't take it" sequence kicks in, I see a chorus line appear with the dance sequence starting with static toe-tap (think of the Zal Cleminson thing in Alex Harvey Band's "Delilah") before getting into a full blooded folies bergere job. Once again needs a tweak in timing - up a bit for the dance sequence.  Loved it.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »
Alex Harvey. Now you're talking...

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »
Malc, some positive and welcome insights there and much appreciated. I'll try to get Kenny to comment.

Malc

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »
Bump.

What's the latest, regarding the Beau Peep musical?  ???

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2012, 07:25:55 PM »
Apparently, the script/music has been sent to a producer in London who was intrigued by the concept.
Interesting...but I ain't holding my breath.

Bog

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 09:25:42 AM »
I am not a music or musical bloke, I have a CD collection in single figures, it contains the Pet Shop Boys, the Communards, Frankie goes to Hollywood and Jimmy Summerville, my wife thinks there might just be a link between my selections but I cant see it. Oh and I have a Coldplay CD. With such a dreadful taste in music, I am a wee bit worried about commenting. I have been to all the big musicals, I work in the City of  London and my good lady loves musical theatre, I don't get the need to express yourself in song!  I fell asleep in Les Mis, I read a book in Miss Saigon, in Phantom I counted the seats, on Broadway I watched Aida with Mickey Dolenz and didn’t go back for the second half. My track record is pants. Is that a pun?

I liked these though! I'll be quiet now.

If it gets to the West End. I promise I will go, without a pencil, crossword, book or soduko!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »
Bog, if it DOES get to the West End, I'll pay for your seat and bring a selection of games and books for you!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
I do hope it happens. Sometimes it takes a subject that's a bit quirky to take the world by storm.

Bog

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
I really hope it gets to the West End then, Can I have the mousetrap game please Roger? I think that would be perfect to balance on my hat!

Kenny Mac

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
Hello everyone.This is Kenny Macdonald (one of the poor demented souls that have taken it upon themseves to throw into the world "Beau Peep the Musical" I have been reading your comments with interest and WE (The other one is Fred)are completely gobsmacked with the interest this has caused with you lot.
I will keep you informed of any progress but at the moment we have/
1 completed the script
2 all songs for first act completed
3 ongoing work on second half songs (5 short of total completion)
Approached Judy Craymer(Mama Mia fame) Said she was very intrigued with the project but tied up with the new Spice Girls Musical Also Cameron Mckintosh to no avail.But early days.There are several ways we can go But never fear we will have this finished by next summer and IT SHALL GO ON

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
Thanks for dropping in withe update, Kenny.
Who are the Spice Girls?

Kenny Mac

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 10:23:59 AM »
I think Dennis went out with Posh Spice and they got on very well if I recall. Like minded

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2012, 04:04:30 PM »
Welcome Kenny Mac - I do hope you will be taking this musical on a world-wide tour with a stop in Alberta.  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad