Author Topic: Damn! It's that time of year again.  (Read 11237 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Damn! It's that time of year again.
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
I'd forgotten all about the Christmas competition. Okay, the prize will be the usual couple of originals (Beau and Horace) and a crisp Scottish tenner. Mince, do you want to set the competition this year? If you haven't stepped in by tomorrow night, I'll come up with something.

Sandy Buttcheeks

Re: Damn! It's that time of year again.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:16:47 PM »
I'd have thought finding a crisp Scottish tenner was competition enough.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:25:40 AM »
Tut tut, you Philistine. Your ears prick up at the mention on hard cash, but you ignore the offer of 2 truly amazing original works of art.

I mean, what are they going to be worth?  :)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
I am no good at Christmas competitions, but here goes.

Imagine that Roger woke up to find himself in the world of Beau Peep, either with everyone being real in a fictional place or with everyone in the cartoon strip. What would happen? You can submit your entry in the form of a short story, poem, dance, comic strip or moment of flatulence. It has to involve a brussel sprout, but please nothing about where it can be shoved.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:10:37 PM by Mince »

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
Okay, to allow time to get the prize to the winner by Christmas, you've got a week----it closes next Sunday at midday. Mince will judge the competition and decide the winner.
Good luck.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 03:01:41 PM »
Roger fell asleep
And woke in the land of Beau Peep
Dennis bowed to his god,
Said, I’m still bike-less, you sod
And then he began to weep.

Mr Kettle patted Dennis’s head
Don’t fret! I’ve another gift for you instead
Dug around in his pockets and what should he pull out,
But some gum, a yoyo and a fine Brussels sprout!
Merry Christmas, dear chap Roger said.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »
You are welcome to put that in the Musical too if you like.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »
Diane wins.

Jack

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
I knew I shouldn't have wasted time figuring out how to upload a "moment of flatulence".

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 09:10:18 PM »
Mince is only joking about my brilliant entry winning; of course more entries will be accepted right up until the cut off noon GMT on the 2nd.

Rhyme and toot on!

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »
Is the brussel sprout real or fictional? I'm confused.    :'(

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »
Tut tut, you Philistine. Your ears prick up at the mention on hard cash, but you ignore the offer of 2 truly amazing original works of art.

I mean, what are they going to be worth?  :)

Who cares? There's a tenner on offer. I had one of those once before I got married and it'd be great to see another. Are they still legal tender?

Jack

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »
Mince is only joking about my brilliant entry winning; of course more entries will be accepted right up until the cut off noon GMT on the 2nd.

Rhyme and toot on!

You're scuppering my carefully constructed cover-story crafted to conceal the fact that I have no ideas.

However, I am enlisting aid to bolster my "toot"-based entry, in the form of some lovely bubbly ginger ale. I sure do love ginger ale. It's possible that ginger ale is the finest beverage of all time. I sincerely doubt that anybody in here prefers any other drink to the delights of ginger ale.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:14:40 PM by Jack »

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 12:08:21 AM »
Jack, you are so correct. I often indulge in that most superior tipple as I sit back, staring at my favourite bunny shaped clouds (what do you mean that's not your favourite shaped cloud...can there be any better?), and wondering if there is any longer word than antidisestablishmentarianism, and how to get it to rhyme. Ah the mysteries you ponder whilst full of ginger ale.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »
Jack, you are so correct. I often indulge in that most superior tipple as I sit back, staring at my favourite bunny shaped clouds (what do you mean that's not your favourite shaped cloud...can there be any better?), and wondering if there is any longer word than antidisestablishmentarianism, and how to get it to rhyme. Ah the mysteries you ponder whilst full of ginger ale.

Floccinaucinihilipilification is slightly longer.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟