Author Topic: Things to do with mince.  (Read 9765 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Things to do with mince.
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:47:53 PM »
Somebody could start a service with a spinner where it lands on one of 8 options of what to cook with your mince meat for supper - it could be called "Ask Egon".

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Things to do with mince.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 07:10:49 PM »
Oh don't anybody worry about me - I made chilli and then I made hamburger patties. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 07:16:40 PM »
You should try out the great butternut squash vegan curry I made yesterday.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:43:12 PM »
Is there any left?
I apologise, in advance.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 11:58:55 PM »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 12:42:57 AM »
 ;D

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:20:49 AM »
Only on all the plates.

You know, you wouldn't suffer from decompression sickness so often if you made your diving suit out of something other than girls' blouses.

Redundant

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »

You know, you wouldn't suffer from decompression sickness so often if you made your diving suit out of something other than girls' blouses.

That's it, I hereby invoke the oft unremembered Beau Peep Notice Board Memorandum and Articles, specifically 3.1 and I quote:

"Wherein [and whereout] there is no BPNB Christmas Competition due to unforeseen circumstances [Roger not bothering to get out of bed etc], then any member of BPNB may, without prior or any consultation with any other member of the BPNB, arbitrarily declare both a BPNB Christmas competition and BPNB Christmas competition winner, and may thus bestow on said bed-ridden Roger the solemn and hopefully expensive responsibility of providing the BPNB Christmas competition winner with an appropriate [and tasteful] BPNB Christmas competition prize."

I therefore, both arbitrarily and without prior consultation, declare Mince the winner of the 2016 BPNB Christmas competition for what is, without the shadow of a doubt, the best one liner in the 2016 BPNB posting history.   I am in awe.     

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »
I am in awesane.   

There you go, Red - just topped it.  ;D
I apologise, in advance.

Redundant

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »

I am in awesane.   

Whilst I concede there are those in the medical profession, my family & friend [sadly not a typo], total strangers and a goat-herder in Tibet who may agree with you on the less than optimum state of my sanity, my central premise still applies, in that your somewhat astute observation fails completely to overshadow the quality of the Mince one liner, nice try though, well done [patronising tone applied judiciously there I thought].

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
Egad, sir! It was not intended to overshadow, but to grind into the dust said one liner, or at least the very premise upon which you base its eligibility for to invoke Beau Peep Notice Board Memorandum and Articles, specifically 3.1. 

Rasp!  :P
I apologise, in advance.

Redundant

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »
Egad, sir! It was not intended to overshadow, but to grind into the dust said one liner, or at least the very premise upon which you base its eligibility for to invoke Beau Peep Notice Board Memorandum and Articles, specifically 3.1. 

Dear oh dear. Clearly there is some confusion amongst “other” members of the BPNB, perhaps lacking the ability to see true genius [unless slapped in the face by said genius whilst a voice yells “Hello, I’m genius”].   Therefore I have prepared a suitable deconstruction of the brilliant one liner into its major components, thus enlightenment awaits.

Let’s look at it first in its entirety:

You know, you wouldn't suffer from decompression sickness so often if you made your diving suit out of something other than girls' blouses.”

Firstly it’s informative, especially to divers.   For those not familiar with the diver species, these are generally poor swimmers who like to pretend that sinking to the bottom of a swimming pool, ocean or sea is their own idea, rather than accepting it is actually natural selection trying to correct a mistake.  “Ah! But what of the paraphernalia divers don before sinking?” I hear you cry...

Let me digress to respond to this question.   Firstly the air tank or tanks [depending on how delusional the individual diver is], are clearly a physical manifestation of “the weight of the world” the diver mistakenly believes “is resting on his or her shoulders”.

The “wet” suit is simply an indication of the desperately perceived need of the diver to return to the womb.

The flippers provide a convenient explanation for “walking a bit funny” although most divers fail to realise this “funny walk” does not appear to change on removal of said flippers. The few divers fortunate enough to figure this out [infinite monkeys etc] can frequently be found wearing flippers in none diving situations, around the house for example, which is justified as “practice” and fools no-one.

Finally the mask, which is indicative of someone who clearly read too many Dick Turpin novels as a child.

Returning to the prize winning one liner.   Its clever inclusion of "girls blouses" is inspired, clearly these are unsuitable as diving wear, and yet the line provides [to those of a sufficient intellect] sufficient information to allow the reader to imagine a wet suit which was made of girls blouses. Simply brilliant.

I trust this deconstruction will put to an end postings which clearly reek of competitive jealousy, only some are called, live with it and comfort yourself in an appropriate manner [legal, moral and none sexual].   You’re welcome.   Do I have too much time on my hands?   Probably.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »
Yes.

How can there be competitive jealousy where there is no competition?

The Defence rests.
I apologise, in advance.

Redundant

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 04:47:18 PM »
Yes.

How can there be competitive jealousy where there is no competition?

The Defence rests.

Ah, desperation rears it ugly head.  You are correct in that there is no competition [well done], however there was one, which Mince won and this is clearly demonstrated by my original post and the Memorandum and Articles. In addition I artfully misquoted said M&A by specifying Article 3.1, anyone who had actually read the M&A would have quite correctly pointed out to me that in fact it is Article 3.1a which provides the conditions under which I declared both the Christmas competition and the Christmas competition winner.   Article 3.1 is in fact a list of subjects which members of the BPNB may not post or comment upon, an in-exhaustive list which includes Politics, Donald Trump, Vegans, Vegetarians, Education, Comic Strips, Music, Rogers eclectic collection of nose hair etc etc.

Hoisted by your own petard it would seem...

Madmalc

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »

Returning to the prize winning one liner.   Its clever inclusion of "girls blouses" is inspired, clearly these are unsuitable as diving wear, and yet the line provides [to those of a sufficient intellect] sufficient information to allow the reader to imagine a wet suit which was made of girls blouses. Simply brilliant.

I question the brilliance - is no one else dismayed that "diving" in the context of "a girl's blouse" is not, at the very least, a euphemism.......?