Author Topic: Summer  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Summer
« on: August 03, 2022, 06:07:20 PM »
I bought myself an old favourite toy from my youth "Swing Ball" it is a tennis ball tethered to a pole that you bat one way around and then the other if you are on your own (Age 4+) I am up to 14 but have a goal of reaching 100 by the end of the summer.

I never thought I would have dreams of being a top athlete.

How is everyone enjoying their summer?

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Summer
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 12:21:33 PM »
Summer? Sunstroke, peeling skin, bugs, sleepless nights - Oh, how I hate those three days of summer!

Bah, humbug!

Yours,
The Ginger Whinger

PS  As I remember it, Swing Ball is lethal!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:45:45 AM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 10:57:37 PM »
Hats and sunscreen, bugs spray, fans :-)

I smashed my goal of 100 already by hitting a 284 - new goal set to 500

BTW it is only dangerous if you play with an opponent, then you have to step in to get the low balls and risk being wacked with a comeback pass.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 09:36:22 AM »
Very impressive, Diane, although it all sounds a bit too energetic for my liking. If I tried it, I'd get hit 284 times in the mouth.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 09:56:55 AM »
Indeed, Roger. And when you have a 140mph serve like me, you need no opponent to make it dangerous.

Hats, sunscreen, bug spray and fans? Yes, that pretty much sums up why I loath Summer. All you need to enjoy any of the other seasons (and indeed, most of a Scottish summer) is to put on a hooded coat.

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 05:59:25 PM »
Very impressive, Diane, although it all sounds a bit too energetic for my liking. If I tried it, I'd get hit 284 times in the mouth.

That would be a different way to get in the Guinness book of world records.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 06:04:43 PM »

Hats, sunscreen, bug spray and fans? Yes, that pretty much sums up why I loath Summer. All you need to enjoy any of the other seasons (and indeed, most of a Scottish summer) is to put on a hooded coat.

Winter: boots, snow shovel, salt for pathways, plug in vehicles, snow tires, -40 windshield fluid, electric space heaters, couch throws, hats, scarves, mitts, checking weather and road reports to see if a trip to town is survivable that day. 

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2022, 09:58:11 AM »
That's our Scottish summer!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 07:28:27 PM »
That's our Scottish summer!

Yeah, that's global warming for you.

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2022, 08:35:14 PM »

Winter: boots, snow shovel, salt for pathways, plug in vehicles, snow tires, -40 windshield fluid, electric space heaters, couch throws, hats, scarves, mitts, checking weather and road reports to see if a trip to town is survivable that day.

Now you're talking! :D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 08:49:47 PM »
My two boys are on epic adventures this week, one who has a week off, is cycling the Rockies and the other who has three weeks off is driving to the East Coast. Both travelling solo, the one in the car took out the back seat and put in a foamy to save on costs.

Oh to be young and on an adventure.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 08:50:58 PM »
the bike trip

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 09:55:52 AM »
The Rockies are jaw-droppingly spectacular. I'll never forget my trip to Yellowstone Park with those stunning mountains all around. The drive from Red Lodge, Montana, over the Beartooth Highway and into the park must be one of the most scenic journeys in the world. Because of snow, the highway is only open for about 4 months in the year and its highest point is close to 12,000 feet. It's just crazy beautiful.

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 10:42:11 AM »
Banff, is it?

There and back in five hours - six if you want the scenic route. Nae bother!

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 07:59:08 AM »
The kid had a good time biking the mountain roads and the bears didn't get him so it was a good trip.

I will have to google your Banff Tarqs - looks like a good location by the sea.