Author Topic: The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays  (Read 8701 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays
« on: April 12, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »
I wrote this review: I picked this up at a garage sale because of its attractive cover. Being a sceptic - I thought I would check out my birthday for a bunch of nonsense. Eerily accurate! I bought the book; Theresa Cheung is spot on target with the five members of my immediate family.

http://www.amazon.ca/Element-Encyclopedia-Birthdays-Theresa-Cheung/dp/0007261497/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271098452&sr=8-1-spell

So who wants to know the highlights of their birthday personality?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

Re: The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:10:07 PM »
Do we have to cross your palm with silver?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »
I guess there will be elements of skepticism and trust issues for you birthday date Vulture.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 08:27:07 PM »
How does the book work? Is it by day and month, or day, month and year? Does it go back to 1868?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
It is just day and month and you're not that bloody old anyway.

I tell ya, I'm starting to lose interest.

Tom

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
I wasn't referring to me.  >:(  ;)

Please tell me the highlights of my birthday personality.

Vulture

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »
I guess there will be elements of skepticism and trust issues for you birthday date Vulture.

No, I love reading horoscopes. I have a slight problem believing SOME of them, as nearly-d-i-l shares the same dd/mm but 31 years later, and some of the things that get lined up for her make me blush.....!

I would love you to give me highlights of my personality!  <<26/07/46>> but don't tell anyone else!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
12 April - the birthday of the enigmatic interviewer.

Surrounded by a facinated group of listeners; liked for their ability to get others to open up; stimulating, witty and fun, they are interested in everyone and everything. Keen observers of the human conditon , love knowledge can be judgemental.

ON THE DARK SIDE: elusive, opinionated, frustrated

AT YOUR BEST: Interested, articulate, perceptive

Your greatest challenge is...to get to know your depths
The way forward is...to stand back every now and again from the fast pace of life and examine objectively your thoughs and feelings.

Tom

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:48:03 PM »
Please tell me the highlights of my birthday personality.

Please... 13th March  ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »
27 July - the birthday of the director.

blessed with energy, passion and authority as well as highly developed practical and organizational skills. Fueled by the desire to make progress, they rarely do things by halves; appear tough as nails but are not, underneath vulnerable and have hard time making decisions on their own behalf. Superb at managing what is best for others.

ON THE DARK SIDE: insecure, distant, procrastinatin

AT YOUR BEST: authoritative, generous, confident

Your greatest challenge is...finding peace of mind
The way forward is...to be as honest with yourself as possible, because this will help you find inner peace and realize your full potential.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »
Now which is your real birthday Tom?

13 March - the birthday of otherworldly possibilities.

unshakable belief in their own fatalistic view; multitalented, curious and intelligent drawn to what is unvonventional and unexplained. Whether religious or not, they believe in fate. Study the world and the people around them. Talent for public discourse, others value their insights. prone to negative expectation. resiliant.

ON THE DARK SIDE: cynical, pasive, self-important

AT YOUR BEST: farsighted, wise, courageous

Your greatest challenge is...steering clear of cynicism
The way forward is...to understand the power of your thoughts. If you think of something often enough, there is an increased likelihood of it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Tom

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »
Thank you Diane, March 13th is my birthday. I thought you'd posted the April 12th one as an example as it is today's date...

I see what you mean about eerily accurate. I'll have to look out for that book.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 10:20:41 PM »
Thank you Diane, March 13th is my birthday. I thought you'd posted the April 12th one as an example as it is today's date...

No, I did that because I'm an idiot.

Tom

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »
No, you provided it as an example. As you did the 27th July.  ;)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 10:55:01 PM »
Now this is going to take up too much time if you all are going to be wanting two birthdays... ..0

26 July - the birthday of self-assurance

charming and strong with unshakable belief in themselves. Offer opinions as fact. Dominant personalities. air of authority and experience that others respect and admire. Don't lie or speculate widely. incredible moments of insight that can be reflected in a humorous outlook that expresses profound wisdom. Others put them on a pedestal and they are happy to sit there. Can become isolated.

ON THE DARK SIDE: over-confident, tactless, uncompromising

AT YOUR BEST: honest, authoritative, confident

Your greatest challenge is...not being over-confident
The way forward is...to understand that for self-confidence to work it needs to be appealing, not overpowering. People need to feel motivated by you, not cornered or embarrassed.